Chapter Thirty-Five

I was currently slouched on the sofa at the boarding house with my bags next to me as i was being scolded by the Salvatore's.

"You slept with him? Where you drugged?!" Damon yelled out like a scorned father.

"Multiple times actually but not when i decided you know what fuck it. No, correction, fuck him." He scrunched his face up as i chuckled crossing my hands behind my head and relaxing.

"But that's it right? It was just sex." Damon the continued and i rolled my eyes.

"Oh be quiet Damon! They would be so cute together! Have you seen the way he looks at her?" Caroline entered her two cents as i scoffed.

"Yes! It's weird, are we just supposed to believe he has emotions now?" He bickered back and Stefan smirked. 

"He's not the only one, I've noticed a certain siphoner become significantly less homicidal around him." Not possible, my homicidal rage is a very big part of my personality.

"Face it Damon she needs someone like him, i hate to admit it but Kai's right. Azalea barely ever gets put first." My sister spoke up making a small smile grace my face.

"Then we will change, there's no way I'm letting her date that sociopath!" Damon continued as my eyes widened.

"Woah there buddy, who said anything about dating? We had sex one time, kissed a couple and yeah he's a great shoulder to cry on but guess what, I'm still single no if's, no buts, no coconuts." I argued glaring at the doubtful vampires around the room.

"So if you two were in the position to have sex again you'd decline, if he kissed you, you would stop it?" Stefan asked with a very accusing gaze and smirk.

"It was great sex why would i decline?" I argued and Caroline stood victoriously.

"I knew it, you always dine and dash. Not this time that means you like him." She smiled and i scoffed.

"Shut up you slept with Klaus." She glared at me and i chuckled liking how the tables turned.

"Whatever you cant deny it, you two are going on a couple trip to New Orleans." I opened my mouth to deny that as the boarding house door opened swiftly revealing the voice of kai as he neared where we all stood.

"Has anyone seen my sanity, I'm sure she's around here somewhere." He drawled out as Damon rolled his eyes and Care gave me an - i told you so - look.

"She's not here, please never return." My body chose that time to betray me as i fought tooth and nail to refrain from sneezing as i was still a little sniffley. To no avail obviously.

"I know that sneeze any where you liar." Kai spoke with a grin as he entered the room crossing his arms.

"Awe see, why cant anyone memorize my sneeze?" Care pouted as i chuckled.

"I'm sure Klaus memorized a lot of noises from you Care bear." I retorted smirking as she flushed.

"Oh shut up!" She yelled launching for me as i laughed heartily avoiding her and grabbing my bags.

"I'll see you in a couple days, ill give Klaus your love!" I yelled heading out of the door and Caroline yelled back.

"She said it was great sex and she'd do it again kai!" My jaw dropped as i turned on my heal only to be stopped by an arm around my waist belonging to the chuckling coven leader beside me. He grinned as he opened the car door for me before heading to his side.

He opened his mouth clearly to further what Caroline had stated but i beat him to it.

"Not a word witch." I fiddled with the radio deciding against what ever silence was to ensue, or whatever conversation kai was going to start. However that was very difficult as the first question he asked pulled at my heart strings.

"Do you still love Kol?" I looked over to him as he pulled out the Salvatore's boarding house, i was struck into silence like a gaping fish not knowing what to say as he continued.

"Is that why where going to New Orleans's? So you can see him?" He sounded slightly hurt as if he had been pondering over this for a while, he was there for me, ill be there for him. That's why i decided to grab his hand and interlace it with my own.

"Yes i love Kol but I'm not in love with him anymore. No he's not the reason we are going, i found out he was alive before that and made no move to leave here." Kai nodded with a thoughtful expression glancing at me then back at the road. His thumb began to absently rub across my hand as we drove. I was humming along to the music and tapping on my leg with my free hand.

"You said you couldn't fall out of love until you fell back in it." Kai stated confidently and i nodded with a hum, yes i did say that. I just hadn't realised it, what gave me the power to move on from Kol? Who gave me the power more like.

I liked kai - ✔

Kai liked me i think - ✔

Did i let him in? - ✔

Did i trust him - ✔ Oh this isn't looking good for me. 

Did i rely on kai? - ✔ looking back on it, i chose kai over a lot of people to help me.

I enjoyed his company - ✔

Had he hurt me - ✔ but always for a reason, good reasons as well. Well this just sucks!

Did i love kai....

Had i fallen out of love with kol, moved on from him, for kai?....

I looked over to him as he continued to drive lip syncing the words to some pearl jam song that had come on and a small smile spread to my face, i immediately wiped it off. Not good, me plus my type in a car with my thoughts minus judgey expectations and a whole bunch of goofy ness equals feelings. 

Did i love kai?...... ✔