•Chapter 1• Three boys and a girl

The moon was rising. The moonlight spread across the town called Hill City. Even though the moon was visible, clouds filled the night sky. It did not take long for the rain to start to fall from the sky. Selena Greenwood stood in the kitchen of her house. She had just finished making dinner for her family. The rain was ticking against the little kitchen window. Selena walked towards the window and closed it. As she did she caught a glimpse of the house across the street. She quickly pulled down the roller blind and turned back to the food on the counter.
A loud thunder roar from outside made her jump and caused her to spell some baked potatoes. She sighed and crouched down. She picked up the potatoes and caught a glimpse of the scar on her right wrist. She sighed and stood back up and put the fallen potatoes on a different plate. "Girls, dinner's ready!" Selena called. She washed her hands and glanced at the scar again. The longer she looked at it, the more uncomfortable she felt. "Mom, are you alright?" Selena's daughter, Megan, asked her. Selena snapped out of her thoughts. She smiled and nodded. "Yes, of course, honey. Could you set the table please?" She asked. Megan nodded and took the three plates to the dining table. Selena runs her hand through her hair and takes a deep breath.
"Stop thinking about it." She whispered to herself. "I'm not afraid." She whispered. There was a bright flashing light and seconds after a thundering roar sounded again, which caused Selena to jump.

Across the street, Bill Salvini sat in his wheelchair. He glared at the house across the street. Another thunder roar filled the void, which caused Bill to smirk.  "What are you smirking at?" A low male voice said behind him. Bill glanced over his shoulder. "You know how much I enjoy thunderstorms," Bill responded. Jayden, one of his sons, walked towards him. "Yeah, you like how they scare other people." Jayden chuckled, "Come on, dinner is ready." he tells his father. He pulls the wheelchair away from the window and walks towards the dining room. Jayden sat his father at the head of the table. There was someone else who sat at the table. Jerry, Bill's other son. Jerry was reading a book and taking some notes. Jayden stood behind his brother. "Can't you put away your books for once?" He asked his brother. Jerry ignored his brother and continued the look at his book. Jayden smirked at his brother and snatched his book out of his brother's hands. "Hey! Jayden!" Jerry complained. Jayden ran off with the book in his hand. Jerry ran after his brother. "Jayden, give it back!" Jerry whined. "Oh, did I steal your girlfriend? Sorry." Jayden smirked. Jerry got an angry expression on his face and groaned. He jumped onto his brother and started to beat him. Jayden just smirked and fought back. "Boys!" Bill shouted at his sons. Both boys glanced up at their father. "He started it!" they said at the same time. "I don't care!" Bill said before starting to cough a little. Both boys stood up and walked back to the table. Jayden handed his brother his books and sat down in his chair. Jerry sat next to him. He was about to open his books again when his father stopped him. "Jerry, no books at the table," Bill warned his son. Jerry sighed and drops his books next to him on the floor. Jade and Jack then walked into the dining room. "Alright, we have my salad, my chicken, and Jack's pasta," Jade tells the men at the table. She and her brother sat everything on the table. Jade and Jack sat down in their chairs. The triplets and their little sister looked at their father. "I want to thank the guy above us, for taking care of my wife up there. Thank you." Bill spoke. The family glanced up for a second. "Hi, mom." The children spoke. Bill then started to cough. Jade, concerned as she was, quickly looked at her father. "Dad, are you alright?" She asked him. He nodded but he didn't stop coughing. Jayden quickly got up. "He forgot his medicine again." He informed his siblings. Jayden walked back with a little bottle in his hand. He handed it to his father. "Dad-" Jade started. Bill looked at his daughter. "Little one, I know what you're going to say, but I forgot. You can't blame an old man for that." He tells his daughter. Jade sighed. "Fine." She mumbled. Bill took a sip of his water. "Shall we eat then?" Jack questioned. Bill nodded. "We shall. And please, Jayden and Jerry, don't fight again." Bill instructed. "He started it!" They said again. "Guys, don't. We are trying to have dinner." Jack warned his brothers. Both boys sighed and nodded. 

Later that night, Jayden and Jerry were doing the dishes. Jayden glanced outside through the kitchen window. Jerry noticed and nudged his brother's shoulder. "Looking at birds again?" Jerry asked his brother. Jayden shrugged. "I can look if I want. Why don't you finish this up?" Jayden asked his brother as he dried his hands. "No no, you're going to help me," Jerry complained. "Or what?" Jayden chuckled. "You know, just because you're twenty minutes older than me doesn't mean you're the boss of me," Jerry complained. Jayden wrapped his arm around his brother's shoulder. "Sorry bro, you're the youngest," Jayden shrugs. Jerry glared at his brother and dried his hands as well. "Of us three." He said. "That's what I said," Jayden said. He was about to walk away when he bumped into his sister. Jade folded her arms over her chest. "Going somewhere?" She asked him. Jayden sighed and walked back to the sink. Jerry looked at his sister and smiled at her. She smiled back at him and walked away. Jayden once again glanced outside the window. This time, he saw someone walking out of the house across the street. Jerry noticed again. "Jay, what are you looking at this time?" He asked his brother. "Her." He said. Jerry glanced outside and saw the girl outside. Young Megan Greenwood was taking out the trash across the street. She didn't notice the two teenagers by the kitchen window. "What's so interesting about Megan?" Jerry asked his brother. Jayden shrugged. "Nothing." He mumbled. Jayden and Jerry finished doing the dishes and dried their hands again. They walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. They jumped onto the couch next to their other family members. "What about a movie?" Jack suggested. "Oh! There is a new movie on Netflix!" Jade said. "This isn't another chick-flick right?" Jayden complained. Jade glared at her older brother. He just laughed at his sister. 
Yes, life in the Salvini household is just like any other family's. One father and four children. An old man, three boys, and a girl