Drabble - McKirk x Reader

A/N: Drabble based on Tumblr Prompt

***

You huffed in irritation and tossed the part you'd been working on back on your table. One of the biobeds in the medbay was glitchy. It had already been fixed twice but failed again both times. Len wouldn't quit bitching about it so you told him you'd take a look. You'd pretty much disassembled the damn thing and brought the questionable parts back to your work area.

You oversaw a mechanics lab not far from the engine room where you and your small crew repaired some of the smaller issues the ship faced. You'd also been known to cobble together a specialty item a time or two. The rest of your team had already left but you had stuck around sure that you could figure this issue out if you just spent a moment longer on it.

Your PADD beeped and you glanced up to see an incoming message from Len. You touched the screen to accept the call. "What can I do for you, Dr. McCoy?"

"Dr. McCoy is it now?"

"Oh don't act like you don't like it when she calls you doctor," Jim's voice came from the background and you couldn't stop your grin.

"Whatever you say, Captain," Len shot back.

As much as you enjoyed listening you your men tease each other, you were trying to get some work done. You cleared your throat to get their attention. "Is there something the two of you needed?"

Jim's face popped onto the screen as he shoved Len over. "Yeah, you. You're an hour late for dinner."

You glanced at the clock in surprise. So you were.

Before you could respond, Len spoke up. "Why did you have me call her if you were going to do all the talking?"

"Shut up, Bones." Jim turned his attention back to you. "It's time to come home, Y/N. That's an order."

You arched a brow. "Why don't you come over here and make me?"

Jim tilted his head as a slow grin covered his face. "Oh, sweetheart. I'd be thrilled to."

The screen went dark and you grinned in anticipation before going back to work on the part you'd been messing with. In the time it would take the two of them to quit sniping at each other and get here, you might just have it fixed.