♡ chapter 28 ♡

millie's pov

my phone starts to ring and i tiredly reached over to the nightstand to pick it up.

"mills baby? you awake?" i hear finn ask and i give him a hum in response

"okay i'm guessing you're not but get up! it's 12pm and i wanted to give you a heads up, i'm picking you up at 5 so get ready by then!" he says excitedly

"where we going?" i whisper

"we're going on a date!" he exclaims

"where we going?"

"millsssss it's a surprise!"

"at least tell me what to wear" i say quietly

"um comfy yet cute? you know what it doesn't matter, you'll be pretty either way"

"so you wouldn't mind if i wore pyjamas?"

"never. now get ready and remember to take your meds okay?"

"it doesn't work finn, i'm not taking it" i whisper with a sigh

"it does millie"

"i took it yesterday and where that end up? oh right me fainting again"

"mills, it doesn't work right away. just- please take it for me?" he says as i sigh

"yeah, alright. if i don't feel better in a week, i'll stop okay?" i whisper

"okay. a week. now get up, i'll see you later" he says

"bye, love you" i whisper

"love you too" he replies

i get up from the bed to walk to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. i look down to my arm and looked at my cuts. i went through a whole day without cutting, longest record in months.

i sigh, walking out and walking downstairs. i put food in pascals bowl and i walked to the kitchen.

"morning mills" my mum smiled and i gave her a small nod in response

i walked to the cabinet to grab my meds and a glass of water and put it on the kitchen island. i sit down, taking a deep breath as i open the lids, grabbing a pill from each bottle and gulping it down.

i put the glass in the sink and meds in the cabinet and i was about to walk out.

"mills, aren't you gonna eat something?" my mum asked as i shake my head, walking upstairs

i sigh, sitting on the bed as i stare at the wall. i got up, walking to the spare room with the staircases leading to the roof. i walked in and climbed out to the stares and walked up.

i walked towards the edge and laid down as i stare at the sky. i gave a small smile as i wonder what's up there. was heaven real? was god real? did people watch over me?

i shake my head at the last question. watch over me? if someone did watch over me, my life wouldn't be so shitty.

i let a tear roll down my cheek as i kept wondering but it eventually stops when i check the time on my phone.