♡ chapter 31 ♡

millie's pov

i wake up and glanced at the clock to see it was 11am. i rub eyes and reached over to the nightstand to grab my phone but instead i felt a piece of paper.

i furrow my eyebrows and looked over to see a small note. i grabbed it and brought it close to my face to read.

'hey baby, i went to school and didn't want to wake you since you looked very peaceful. mr keery and ms violet gave you some work to do, it's on the table if you want to do it. i'll call you later, love you!'

i give a weak smile, putting the note back on the desk. i press the nurse button since i still couldn't move much and a nurse comes in.

"hi millie, something wrong?" winona asks as she opens the door slightly

"hi, i was just wondering if you could get me something to eat. just a little something would be fine" i respond quietly

"sure" she smiles before closing the door

after about 15 minutes she comes back with a tray with scramble eggs, toast, sausage and red beans on it. i say a quick thank you and she walks back out.

i stare at the food in front of me, taking a deep breath before picking up the toast. i haven't ate much in days and this would be the most i had at once. i was about to put it in my mouth but gets cut off by my phone ringing.

i pick it up to see a facetime from finn and i place the toast back down and answered it.

"hey mills!" he smiles

"hey" i whisper

"you eat anything yet?" he asks softly

i shake my head, "i was about to"

"what'd you get?"

"you know, basic stuff. toast, scramble eggs, red beans, sausage." i shrug

"that sounds like some vip shit" he says as i let out a snicker

i take the toast from off the plate, inspecting it as i take a bite out of it.

"not bad?" he asks as i nod

"not bad" i repeat in a whisper

i hear a knock on my door and winona walks in.

"is this a good time?" she asks as i nod

"yeah" i whisper

she nods, "i just wanted to let you know you're getting discharged today. i called your mom to pick you up if that's okay?"

"yeah that's fine, thank you" i say as she smiles, leaving the room

"guess you're getting discharged today" finn smiles as i nod

"guess i am"

we talk for about 30 minutes until it was time for finn to go to class.

"you have to go to class now, i'll see you later" i say as he frowns