chapter 26 - losing it

Annabelle's POV
Apparently me and Chad are now glued together, even since I spent my whole week at his place, with Amber causing a whole lot of trouble obviously, I haven't seen Brandon at least and am glad I didn't run into him. Jessica and I are on a break supposedly she says, so I had to stick with Chad the whole week, and well staying with him was really nice. I'll be starting exams tomorrow so we were up late studying, well I was, he wasn't.

"Can you look at me for a second?" he pulled the book away from me.

"I need to finish this tonight, and you know that, go find Amber am sure she'll bother you." I dragged my book away from him.

"I'll tutor you later I promise, just one game." he gave me the puppy dog eyes, and obviously I caved. We were playing a game on his game set and surprisingly I was beating his ass at it, but he keeps asking for a rematch and I end up still wining, he's a distraction but I can't help it, he's so cute when he's losing it.

"She shoots and she scores, goooooaaaalll!" I stood up dancing around, I just won a round again,  before I felt someone lift me up "Chad drop me now?" I demanded.

"No way, you're cheating," he spins with me on his shoulders, he gets dizzy and we both land on the couch.

"Happy now, I think I just went through a concussion, now can I study?" I reached for my book on the side table, but I was too dizzy to concentrate.

"Sure fun mop." he rolled his eyes at me, stretching for my book he hands it to me, before giving me a peck on the cheek "I'm out, apparently there's a party at my house." he frowned.

"What's the occasion? plus am sure we're all starting exams tomorrow if am not mistaken." I asked curiously.

"I know, But apparently Bradley and Brandon won another game so, family gathering sports and all, need to be there." he whined.

"Oh!" I let out, I wasn't expecting to hear about them at the moment.

"Don't worry I won't tell Brandon you're here ok." he gave me a reassuring smile.

"You know, why aren't you a sports guy too?" I know it was a dumb question to ask, he'll probably hate me for that, thinking I was comparing him to his brothers, I was just curious.

"It's not me Annabelle, am the music guy." he winked at me before calling out to Amber "are you done yet?"

"In a minute," she came out wearing a simple dressing, definitely not appropriate for a sporting event, but hey am sure she's the star girl there, a plain white crop top, and a blue faded jeans, red snickers and a red head band, she definitely knows how to make a statement. "Aren't you going to invite your girlfriend bro?" she asked smiling at me, who was already uncomfortable, is that what this looks like.

"She's not my girlfriend sis, plus it's not her thing, right?" He faced me.

"Yeah definitely, you two have fun okay." I gave a fake smile, I know I didn't want to go, but it would have felt good to be asked, maybe I'll have a change of heart, he doesn't know. What are you saying Annabelle focus already.

Sighs*

*****
"Your papers are in front of you, don't open until you're told to do so, cheating will not be tolerated, and please absolutely silence." the instructor explained to us all, I was having SOLG101 this morning, so did Jessica so I had to see her. Let's get this over with.

1 hour 30 mins later
"Pencils down please, exit immediately, and leave your answers on the table."

I was done with my first paper, boy was I glad it was so easy, nerd what do expect, It's me Annabelle the crazy book lord, never changed, really glad college drama didn't mess my head up, and here comes the rat pack coming my way. Why was Allison here anyway, we aren't having the course she's taking with us yet but it's her after all.

"You seem happy, guess you must have aced it." Jessica came smiling at me.

"Oh our break is over?" I gave her a sarcastic face.

"Don't push it crazy." Ally answered behind her. Seriously after what happened last time, this two are still at It.

"So you're friends now?" I asked glaring at Jess.

"Look, I don't want to fight, but I can't be around you anymore?" Jessica confessed, what the hell?

"Why?" I asked shocked.

"Let's just say someone doesn't like you being around." Ally responded as usual "come on let's go." she pulled Jess from the scene, and from the look of things, she looked sad and well Ally is definitely behind all this.

I went over to the library to revise a bit before my next paper, it was professor smith's lecture, I missed that the whole semester, plus with Chad being a distraction last night, I needed to study extra. He came home pissed last night, with Amber trying to calm him down, I didn't want to barge in their personal matter so, I pretended to be asleep, but it seem to me Chad has a problem with his mother.

I was seated scaling through my notes and previous jottings, hoping I can get it right, who am I kidding am probably switching from philosophy to  social studies next year if I don't get it right, I couldn't get this fucking right.

"Fuccck!" I let out upsetting readers around me, with them going shussshh. "Yeah yeah whatever." I mumble to myself.

"I figured you'll be here" an overly dressed Dan showed up behind me, he was in his basketball uniform, with a familiar girl beside him.

"Wait Is that simone, from the uhmm remind me?" I snapped my fingers again.

"Shuussh!" the guy beside me rolled his eyes at me.

"Jeez I'll leave," I pack my things out and left with Dan "so?" I faced him.

"That's what i came to tell you, apparently she goes here, met her at the game yesterday did you know?" he seem happy.

"Hmm really, well nice meeting you simone, from the junkie house?" I made a face, I know it was rude, but I had to state the obvious plus I feel like she's trying to steal Ashley's place.

"You too." she seem uncomfortable now.

"She's not into it anymore serious, and she's going to rehab after the winter break and she'll be good, don't bring it up." he glared at me.

"Yeah! yeah! so what is it you came to tell me?" I snap my fingers around.

"It's official, am going pro after the year, at the party last night at Vrandons, I met with sponsors and guess what?" he shined his eyes at me.

"What?" I feel like I'll be scare for his next answer.

"He offered me a deal, moving to Europe, and starting my career there, I know it's huge, but it's a start and I can't wait plus I'll just transfer to a college there." he jumped around like a kid seeing a lollipop.

"Well am happy for you, congratulations I really hope you think about it, I mean your whole life is here." I didn't want to take his dream away from him, but I also didn't want to sound like a bitch, i like having someone I know around so well here.

"I'll speak with my dad this break and we'll see what happens, I just wanted to tell you first,"

"Am the first, am so honoured." I looked by simone.

"She was there, so technically I didn't have to tell her." he was already defending himself "so why didn't you show up?"

"Nothing! And I have no business there. " I gave a straight answer.

"The twins are at it again huh, I get it no problem. Well I'll see you later." he smiled before leaving, I saw simone whispering something in his ear, and honestly I don't like it one bit. Checking the time I realise I wasted it talking, it's time for my next paper, oh shit am so done.

Share, comment and vote