chapter 29 - the big surprise

Annabelle's POV
"Can someone explain to me what is happening right now?" I stood there hopelessly watching my dad and Ashley arguing.

We have been at the airport for exactly an hour since Ashley landed, dad insisted she changes, or we're not leaving and, so far Ashley wasn't caving.

I was standing beside then watching the series of arguments in front of me, I'm pretty sure I've ordered for a hot dog three times already, just awkwardly waving at the passerbys who wondered what is going on.

"Seriously dad, it's all about the fashion, we're good old man." she winked at him, who wasn't smiling at the moment, shaking his fist angrily in the air, he face palmed himself.

"Ashley, for the last time, go change or am turning my back around," he let out a sigh.

"But you haven't heard the big news yet," she glared at us both, smiling enormously.

"Ooo tell us." I clapped my hands in the air excited for the news.

"Not now, I need everyone present.'' she smiled, before grabbing her things" let's go dad!" she pulled his hands heading for the door, seriously and he totally agreed, this should be good.

The car ride was even awkward than the last one I experience on my way to school, he was glaring at me who was in the front seat, while Ashley was on her phone behind texting crazy, so I decided to use my phone too, he's obviously not saying anything so.

"Hey am talking to you?" I hear him calling out.

"What dad, I'm trying to check my messages," I turned to him, now he decides to talk to me.

"I just need a moment so no phones okay, just seat, be quiet until we get home." does he really hear himself.

"But I can do that with my phone," i held it in the air, Ashley was on headphones now, so she wasn't even present.

"Just listen for once." he stopped the car abruptly.

"OMG! What happened, did we hit a car?" Ashley finally paid attention, what is up with him, is this all because of Ash, cause it's just a dress nothing more, or is he freaked out about the news.

"Dad, it's okay alright." I tapped him gently on the back, I didn't know what was wrong, but I knew he just needed to hear that. Smiling at me he turned to Ash and smiled too, before starting the car again.

*****
"My baby, you're back, come give me a hug." Molly came all smiles when she saw Ashley.

"I have so much to tell you mom." she winked at her,  watching them both, I could see the chemistry already, she glared at her for a second, before mouthing "seriously" and Ash mouthed back "yasss!"

"Am so proud baby, tell me all about it," she directed her to the sit.

''Am sorry did I miss something, or are you not seeing this, your daughter dyed her hair pink, she literally looks like a clown statue." my dad sparked at them both, knowing this might be messy, I left for the kitchen, I feel hungry again, I've been eating a lot lately. Grabbing the leftovers I found in the fridge, I saw a box of pizza, so I took that out.

I put it in the oven to heat up, checking my phone and still no messages, I wasn't expecting one, but I thought I would get one, taking the pizza out of the oven, I take a slice and put it on the plate, with a can of soda I was headed to my room, when I was called Ugggh.

"Yes Annabelle, your sister here wants to drop out of college to be a musician, can you believe that." my dad announced.

"Seriously, OMG Ash, that is so cool, why didn't I think of that, maybe I'll become a movie star," I jump around with Ash celebrating her news, little did I know I was being stared at, and if looks Could kill, I'd be gone now.