chapter 31 - aftermath

Five days later
Annabelle's POV
I was lying down on a bed, staring at the ceiling fan go round and round, a bright light coming from the windows, I could hear a beeping sound. I look at myself and realise I was strap to a bed, and a monitor checking my heartbeat, I was alive, still breathing trying to get up, I notice the bandage on my right rib under my stomach, it was healing I'd say, but wait was I stuck in a coma or what, I couldn't see anyone in the room, which means I was alone. My Insecurities slowly kicking in.

"She's finally up oh my God, Anna sweetie how are you feeling?" I hear my moms voice.

"Hey baby." my dad chirps in, looking around one more time, I see Ashley, my step mom and david, they all came, I felt safe once more.

Staring at them all, I just kept smiling, maybe it was because I thought I was dying, and the thought of losing them was getting to me, at that moment I forgot what had happened, all my worries left me, I just wanted to be here and happy.

I was still struggling to sit up, when a nurse came to assist me, and loosen the straps, why was I in one anyway? did I try to run or what exactly? all this would be questions for later, I sit up while my dad comes to sit next to me.

"How are you feeling?" he said to me, struggling to find the words I replied.

"Am fine!" I manage to say, I still felt a pain running through me, suddenly images of the night came flashing through again, "Jason!" i let out, but i don't think they heard me, he was fading away I suddenly became restless, the scene of Jason came to me again, then my mom who faded too but it was all blurry but, when I reached the accident, it came clear, I see the car hitting me then it went blurry like how I felt, I see myself falling to the ground watching the blood, I felt alone, it was like I was in an empty room, my breath going high, I was spinning around, before I felt a hand grab me by the arm. Coming back to reality, I realise I was already at the hospital door, how did I reach here?, I was reliving my accident right?

"Is she going to be okay, it's the 23rd of December already doctor, Christmas is in two days," dad was telling the doctor.

''She'll be fine, in fact you can take her home now, she's just having a panic attack of the accident, it happens in most cases, especially when patients have a fear of losing their loved ones, try and stay with her, figure out what or who triggers the thought, if it still happens in the next one week, then endeavour to bring her back." he said to them.

I was running crazy that's what he's trying to say, also it's the 23rd, Christmas eve is tomorrow, I've been knocked out for almost a week now, where's my phone? I was trying to search for it, but I notice all eyes on me, what is it? do I have something on my face, am fine okay, they're all looking at me as if am dying.

"My phone?" I let out, helping myself move around.

"Are you good?" Ashley walks up to me, putting her hands on my shoulders, oh shit I can handle the pressure, especially after what she told me.

"Uhmm, yeah." I shrug my arms away before facing them, they hand over my phone to me, a nurse comes with my cloths and I go in to change, can't wait to be away from this asylum.

******
I walk into the house feeling like a stranger, everything felt different, Christmas decorations where already up, of course they did it without me, I take my step one at a time, and even I can tell my parents were counting it for me too, hoping I don't fall, like for god sakes am fine.

I walk up to the couch feeling like sitting down, but changed my mind, I need to be in my room, making my way up I hear my step mom calling out to me.

"Won't you like to eat first sweetie, I can make something for you to eat." she smiled at me genuinely.

"Sure, anything I'll be in my room," I replied before rushing to my room, I tried to avoid Ashley with every means possible, and I was glad she wasn't following me, I just can't handle this at the moment, I'll have to talk to her about it though, I open the door to my room revealing Maddie sitting patiently on the bed, going through my things as usual, she was back already, and I missed it. Must have been hard for her, coming back to me in the hospital.