Episode 11: Whoever Makes The First Move, Wins

What it means to live...

What life really means to me...

Giving it a much proper thought, it made me realize that I have never really done something for myself, most of my life.

Is it because I can't decide for myself as I've always lived with chains on my feet?

True.

However, looking back, it's probably also because of fear. Fear for the price I have to pay for following my own judgement and the price I have to pay from receiving happiness.

No matter how hard I try to do it...there's always that fear lingering in me.

But then again, why should I be scared?

I have nothing to lose.

"You've grown wonderfully, Tsushima-kun. Though I must say, I still prefer you as a child."

"Do you remember me?"

The man in front of me spoke as he turned to face me while standing near his windows, overlooking the view of Yokohama as if it was his kingdom

He was a man in his late thirties with slick-backed black hair, and has purple eyes that doesn't even reflect the slightest light.

I do remember looking at those eyes before...from many years ago.

"You were the Assistant Military Physician back in the Great War...Doctor Mori Ougai." I replied.

He chuckled.

"Indeed that was long time ago...such gruesome days. But look where our pasts had led us now."

I nodded.

"Ah, yes. You have become the leader of the most feared organization in Yokohama, the Port Mafia, Mori-sensei. Congratulations..."

"And the government's most prized prodigy and Hunting Dog has now been deduced into a criminal...you have my deepest sympathy, Tsushima-kun."

I gave him a smile.

Technically, there's not much of a difference between the two of us. If that's that, then aren't we both criminals?

Mori-sensei slowly walked to his chair and took a seat.

"I am well aware of what happened to you for the past years, Tsushima-kun. To make it short...you've become a rogue and the government's now coming for your head."

"They made a mistake in deciding to kill you. They're wasting powerful talents in exchange for what? Authority?"

"Such a disappointment..."

His scope of intel is no joke.

Even in the government's most confidential matters, he still have his ears laid down somewhere.