Episode 44: The Demon's Intentions

So, he's the one?

Now I understand why Dazai is wary of him. I mean, they're practically much alike, they're both hard to figure out.

"I see, you're the Demon Fyodor? It took me a whole month tracking you down but then you found me first, instead." I leaned back to the bench and stared into the space.

It bothered me that I find him normal rather than intimidating. And I'm not being ignorant.

"I was trying to see how long you'll keep it up. I don't want your efforts to go to waste, you see, that's why I'm here." Fyodor replied.

So, he knows that I'm tracking him.

"What exactly do you want to accomplish upon finding me, Yuko-san? Capture me? Kill me?"

"Are you aware that you're also a part of my plans? Do you want to join our cause? Because if not, I cannot guarantee your return before this ship can even reach the port for tonight." He then said in a low tone.

I closed my eyes and focused on the sounds of our surroundings.

There's someone aiming at me.

A sniper...

He came prepared. It didn't even graze my mind that he'll plan it like this. The lottery's even a part of it...

I guess I fell into his trap but then it worked for the both of us, right?

I did get to meet him after all.

"You ask so many questions, Fyodor-san. The only reason why I was looking for you was that Dazai had told me to."

"To be honest, I'm not really looking forward to anything. I have no plans on killing you, nor even make you pay for what you did to me years ago...Dazai just asked me to find you and so I did." I explained calmly.

Fyodor raised his eyebrows and looked at me curiously.

"Do you believe in Dazai-kun that much that you came here unprepared? Now that you found me, do you think I'll let go of one of my important pieces?"

"If I know better, Dazai-kun had pushed you into my trap. Why do you trust him when right now, you're in danger?"

Danger, huh? I smiled at his statement.

He actually made sense.

"Yeah, maybe you're right, Fyodor-san. However, betrayal and danger? I don't care about any of those."

"Dazai can betray me anytime, and I would still trust him for it." I smiled to myself.

Fyodor paused and looked at me impassively. He didn't seem to be amused anymore, though I can't read what he's thinking too.

His hand then reached towards me, slowly brushing my hair to the side. He placed his hand on my cheeks...I looked at him intently, not really sure about what he's doing.

All the while, I kept my ability activated.

He didn't say anything. The Demon Fyodor just stared at me blankly.

"Uhm...by the way, Dazai has a message for you. You asked so many questions that I almost forgot." I broke the awkward silence between us.

I held his arm just so he could stop what he was doing. He glanced to my hand before his lips turned into a cold smile.

"A message?" He said.

"If you're up for entertainment, let's give the apple to the dragon, not to Snow White..."