Episode 25: The Hunt Is Over

"I'm glad to see you doing well, Tsushima

"I'm glad to see you doing well, Tsushima. Congratulations on having the dismissal you've always wanted...you've retired much earlier than me!"

"So, you're all here to congratulate me then? How endearing..." I said with slight sarcasm.

The Commander let out a huge bark of laughter, laughing hysterically to my statement.

"Still amusing as ever!"

I gave him a dead-panned look and shifted my attention to the others.

Talking to him in that state is pointless.

My eyes went to Tecchou, waiting for him to state their purpose. Well...I already have an idea but I still want to hear it from them.

"Tsushima-senpai...how did the Port Mafia catch you? Have you gotten weak, senpai? I request to duel with you once more." Tecchou said seriously while preparing to hold his sword.

Okay...

Tecchou's also beyond help. I can't talk with him normally without including the topic of fighting and comparison of our strengths.

I guess he still has his goal to become the strongest.

"Sure, I've gotten weak that's why I was caught. Also, there's no need to duel, Tecchou-san...you're clearly stronger than me now." I explained.

Tecchou stopped, a bit surprised. He looked at me with awe before giving off a victorious smirk.

"Heh..." He's clearly being smug after hearing that I admit he's now stronger.

Well, of course he is. They're still under the military after all.

Tecchou put away his hand from his sword and happily straightened his posture. He relaxed himself and just stood there in front, already ignoring the situation.

Yeah, that's Tecchou-san for you.

"What a hopeless bunch. I'll take it from here, Yuko..." Saigiku stepped forward and took in charge of the conversation since we're clearly going nowhere.

Good one.

"The evidence from your case was filed by the division last week, and the government has granted you your pardon and dismissal. You can say that we're here to officially bid you your farewell..."

"Since you were proven innocent, the military send their deepest sympathies for what happened before." He said calmly, sounding apologetic but I know that he's not.

"Well, I did say that I didn't do it, right? Yet none of you believed it. However, the past is past...I'm over it." I replied honestly.

"That's good. I was worried that it'll cause a rift between us..." Saigiku took off his hat and gently bowed his head like a gentleman.