Father's last day

I arrived at Gusu after a few days accompanied by my disciples who came with me to Qishan. When I was arrived, I noticed everyone's dull expression.

Shufu said , "Wangji, you are back." I bowed to him, his expression was so dull, he spoke in a difficult voice, "Your father passed away."

I was shocked. He was already succumbed to his injuries. But ...I didn't expect him to pass away so quickly. I didn't even get to say goodbye. My eyes felt wet.

Shufu said, "This is something he left for you." He gave me a letter. "Please read this, your father advised me to give you this."

I freshned up and opened the letter, it was shufu's handwriting. But the words I read was not shufu's:

To my twin jades,

I don't have much time left. Since you went for the indoctrination and A Huan is missing with our books, you and A Huan couldn't come back to Gusu soon. I want to say a few words to you both, my sons. These years by being in seclusion, I was repending my fault. Somehow I was responsible for your mother's death. She was deeply in grief when she forced into this marriage of mine. I did it to protect her. It doesn't matter she hates me, but I loved her with all my heart. I was a bad father. I didn't have time to look after my two sons and my brother had to take the responsibility for it. When you two grown up don't be like me. A Zhan as your mother said, you should smile more. A Huan you've become so responsible. You too A Zhan. I'm so proud of my Two sons. Please don't hate me for what I did in the past. Be righteous and follow your heart.

Your father

I felt numb. Shufu consoled me.

Soon we all get ready to say good bye to father. My brother is still missing.

My father received a proper funeral. We paid our respects.

He finally left this mortal world to join his wife, my mother.

Good bye, father. As I'm looking at his lifeless body in sorrow.