Misunderstanding

After that rough night we both felt awkward. Wei Ying scrambled to put on his outer clothes and pants. As he dressed, he slapped one side of his forehead, speaking in a tone not much different from his usual one, "You're awake. Well, I'm pretty much awake too."

When he was dressing I turned my face away from him. I was really rough today. I felt really embarrassed and awkward. After the clothes shuffles are over I turned my face towards him. He was dressed. I tried to keep calm. But I couldn't, my insides are screaming, 'what the hell just happened, Lan Wangji?' Another voice inside my head says like this, 'You've been repressing your desires so long. Today you lost control.'

His arms are trembling slightly, he grabbed his clothes and hurried to put them over his head. He looked wet. I should wipe those off. I reached out my hand to clean away the fluid from his body.

Wei Ying blurted, "No thanks!!!"

My hand paused in mid-air before being retracted.

Wei Ying let out a sigh of relief, murmuring, "You don't have to. I'll do it on my own. You don't have to touch me."

He fumbled for a piece of undergarment, wiped himself with it, and tossed it away, "Um, Lan Zhan, both of us probably drank too much tonight. My apologies."

Why do you need to apologise for this? I don't know what to say. But I could understand that heart. He respects me a lot. He never expected that I would react like a masochistic beast in bed. He really felt awkward about the current situation. Wei Ying only put on one boot before continuing, "But you don't have to feel too apologetic either. Uh, it's normal for men to be like this sometimes. Please...don't take it too seriously."

I looked at him quietly, "Normal?"

My voice sounded more than calm.

Wei Ying didn't dare respond. I asked again, "Do not take it too seriously?"

He whispered, "... I'm sorry."

After what happened between us you tell me to not take it seriously? Its normally happen between men? What you mean? You took advantage of me? Wei Ying, you really saw me like that? I could never ever see you in that way. My heart felt broken. I exclaimed in disbelief, "you!"

I suddenly stood up. Wei Ying began to panic. At this point, the owner of the inn suddenly ran upstairs, knocking on the room door, "er gongzis, er gongzis! Are you in bed?"

I averted my gaze. Wei Ying hurried to put on his other boot, "No! I mean, yes, yes we are. Hold on, I'll get up after I put on some clothes."

Only after Wei Ying dressed himself did I walk over and open the door. Wei Ying asked, "What's wrong?"

Standing in the hallway, the owner smiled apologetically, "I'm really sorry to disturb your sleep so late at night. Please don't mind. But I have no choice, either. The guest sleeping below you said that water dripped into their room. I thought it might be from your room, so I came to check..." She looked inside the room and was immediately shocked, "W-W-W-What happened here?!"

Gosh that inn owner must be feeling embarrassed to see those bite marks on his neck. I bit my tongue.

Wei Ying touched his chin, "I'm the one who should be sorry. My apologies, Ma'am. I drank too much tonight and wanted to take a bath. Things were going great so I slapped the tub a few times, and then it broke. I'm really sorry; I'll pay for it."  He forgot that again. I was the one responsible for money. So I should be the one to pay for damages in the room. It was I who caused it.

Although the owner kept on saying 'it's fine' and 'don't worry', her face was extremely distressed. She walked inside, "Just how did the water leak down... There isn't even a place to put my feet in this room..." She bent down, picked up a few sitting mats, and exclaimed again, "Why is there a hole here?!"