Heart break

I was bedridden for many days. The whip scars on my back and the pain was really excruciating. After receiving those whips I was in confinement for three years. Brother came to visit me everyday. Each time when I tried to get up my back hurts alot. I hope he is safe at Luanzang hill. Now it's been three months I lay down bedridden. The four main sects are searching for his location to kill him. Please be okay. I wished. In these days I only had nightmares. Nightmares about him. My heart was disturbed. I was really scared for him.

A few days later while I was in my room I woke up from a nightmare and I grasped for breath. It was dream of Wei Ying going somewhere and he disappeared. "No Wei Ying, wait for me." I shouted. Meanwhile, brother rushed towards my room. His expression was in shock and regret. I tried to get up, but brother said, "Wangji, you're awake, let me help you. Slowly. Don't force yourself."

He helped me to get up. I sat on the bed and brother sat beside me. I asked, "Xiong Zhang, what happened? You don't look so good. Is everything okay?"

Brother looked at me. He was utterly speechless. I asked again, "what is it? Please, you are making me sick with worry."

He took a deep breath and spoke, "Wangji, I need you to try your best to stay calm and listen to me, okay?"

I asked immediately, "what is it?"

Brother said after a pause, "Wei Gongzi... He..."

I asked, "Wei Ying... What happened ?" I was really worried. I felt that my heart is beating a little faster.

Brother finally spoke, "Wei Gongzi ..... He died last night."

I felt shattered. It felt like a sword pierced into my heart. I was in shock. I asked in disbelief, "what did you say?"

Brother said, "it's true. He is gone. At Luanzang hill, sect leader Jiang led the siege and the people rush to kill Yiling Laozu. Some say that he tore into pieces by the fierce corpses. Some say that Jiang Wanyin killed him. The remaining Wen remanants were thrown into the blood pool by the Lanling Jin sect cultivators."

I shouted in pain, "No!........."

I struggled to stand up. Brother asked, "Wangji where are you going?"

I said, "To Luanzang hill. I need to see him one last time."

Brother spoke, "But Wangji, it's no use. From what everyone is saying, they are unable to find his body. Not a piece of body and soul is left. Don't put yourself in risk. You're injured."

I shouted in agony, "I don't care about my injures, I have to go. I didn't get to say him my thank you's, my apologies and my goodbyes.

Brother said, "but Wangji..."

I said, "no Xiong Zhang. Those people are lying. They don't want me to save him again. He must be hiding somewhere safe, waiting for me to rescue him. Nobody saw him dead. That's why everyone assumed the fact that he is dead."

Brother called out, "Wangji..."

I insisted, "I have to go there." I took my Bichen and left from the Jingshi.

I mounted on to my sword and flew away from cloud recesses. A few moments later I reached at Luanzang hill. The sight was extremely painful and frightening. Everything was destroyed. There are lots of fierce corpses lying on the ground. Nobody was there outside. But on the demon subdue cave I saw purple robed cultivators and realised that Yunmeng Jiang sect didn't left from Luanzang hill after the siege. My back hurts a lot and I was limping. The Yunmeng Jiang sect cultivators looked at me in surprise along with Jiang wanyin.

Jiang wanyin asked, "Lan er Gongzi, what brings you here?"

I asked, "Jiang wanyin, what business do you have here? After all those things you did to him, you still dare to take a step into his home?"