A stolen kiss

I looked at him. He slowly started walking, hands behind his back with a blindfold in his eyes. There was a cool breeze that swift across the hunting grounds. His long black hair was fluttering in the breeze. The red ribbon on his hair was swaying softly in the wind. I swallowed in. I felt a lump inside my throat. I didn't pay attention to anything for a second only looking at his backside view. For a few moments everything around me went blank. Only he was there in my sight. Brother called me, "Wangji". I didn't listen. He called me again, "wangji...". Still I didn't pay any attention. When he called for the third time I looked at him, "are you joining me for the hunt?"

I blinked my eyes and said, "huh, oh! I'm sorry. No xiong Zhang, you can go. I'll see you later." Brother smiled and pulled the rein on his horse. "I'll be there with A yao". He said. I nodded. I get down from the horse and started walking towards the mountain.

Baifeng shan is truly beautiful in Autumn. Birds chirped, fresh smell of green grass entered into my nose. He mustn't have gone too far. I thought. While strolling through the mountain my mind is full of his face. I even lost my interest to hunt. Suddenly I heard shrill sound from afar. The sound echoed all over the mountain. It was from the sound of a flute. Lots of preys were following the sound of the flute.

This sound. It is from his Chen Qing. I watched the scene. A few seconds later the shrill sound ended and there comes a calm tune. This ....this.... is our song. He is playing our song. How did he learn the flute notes of the song I sang for him at Xuanwu cave? I thought. The sound of the music made me felt hypnotized. He is playing our song so well. I followed the sound like the creatures did. The sound of the flute made me walk towards deep into forest. The more I walked closer the sound of the music gets louder. And then I saw him.

He was sitting on a branch. It was a branch that was extremely thick, growing out of a tree trunk that was even thicker. As he played his flute, Wei ying dangled one of his legs down and swayed it softly. The tip of his boots brushed against the grass under the tree. He didn't mind that it was dampened by the dew on the blades of the grass.

After the song finished, he crossed his arms and leaned against the tree in a more comfortable position. The flute was between his arms, while the flower was still at his chest.

I want to talk with him. I slowly walked towards him. He had almost fallen asleep when he woke up with a start.

I walked closer. He noticed my footsteps. Gosh I can't escape from him. I was too close. In this time I felt many things inside my head. Today he done many things. Within a flash the events that happened back at the hunting grounds came into my mind. Tossing a flower at me, flirting with maidens, catches the flower thrown by his shijie, asking for my forehead ribbon and finally that outstanding performance in Archery. He remained slanted over the tree, too lazy to get up. He didn't even have the energy to take off the ribbon over his eyes. He only tilted his head.

He asked, "Who's there?"

I stayed silent. A few moments later, having received no answer, he couldn't help from speaking up voluntarily, "You're here for the hunt?"

I didn't answer because I was too nervous.

He said, "You won't be able to get anything good from around me."

I was still silent, but walked a few steps closer.

He straightened up his body a little and tilted his head, looking in my direction. Curling his lips, he smiled. I felt feverish. That smile. It made me somewhat energetic. Seeing him blindfolded makes me lost my entire control. I felt tempted. Just as he was about to say something, I suddenly pushed him forcefully.

I smashed his back against the tree. He became startled, "hey! What are you doing?"

Just as his right hand was about to pull off the ribbon, I hold on to his wrist and twisted back. My force was quite strong; he couldn't even struggle out of it. His left sleeve shifted. As he was about to shake out the talismans, I noticed his intent and caught him. I pressed both of his hands onto the tree. His lips started trembling. He raised his leg and was about to kick me but suddenly I gently kissed on his lips.