Departure

I came back to Gusu. Brother saw the flowers in my hands and asked, "hahahaha, I see you got so many flowers. How was your journey to Yunmeng? Who gave you these?"

I said, "not bad."

Brother asked, "I noticed there is a peony in that bunch of flowers. Giving someone a peony actually means asking to love someone in return."

I sighed. Brother asked, "you didn't tell me who gave you these? Oooh now I get it. You met Wei Gongzi right? Let me guess he gave these flowers. Hmm?"

I said, "mn."

Brother asked, "did you two have a conversation?"

I nodded. Brother noticed my expression and said, "I'm also worried about him. During the Sunshot campaign we all saw the impact of yin gu fu. I'm afraid Wei Gongzi is too overconfident about this."

I looked down. Brother talked, "two days later we are going to jinlintai. We are invited to attend the flower banquet."

I nodded. What can I do to protect him? Everyone is eyeing on his spiritual tool. Practicing demonic cultivation affects his heart and mind. The last time at Baifeng Shan he almost lost his control. I'm afraid things would get complicated.

I put the flowers on a vase. The peony I used it as a bookmark. Do you really love me, Wei Ying? I asked to myself.

Two days later we arrived at Jinlintai. Side by side, me and brother strolled along the endless waves of Sparks Amidst Snow.

With a twist of his wrist, brother swept over one of the snow-colored flowers, its petals in full bloom. The motion was so gentle that not even a dewdrop fell. He spoke, “WangJi, is there something on your mind? Why have you been so tense?”

My brows sunk low as I shook my head. A few moments later, I  replied in a low voice, “Brother, I want to take someone back to the Cloud Recesses.”

Brother was surprised, “Take someone back to the Cloud Recesses?”

I nodded. After a pause, I  continued, “Take him back… and hide him somewhere.”

Brother's eyes immediately widened.

Brother asked, “Hide him somewhere?”

I frowned softly and began again, “But he is not willing.”

Suddenly, the noise of chatter came from before us. Someone spat, “Is this a road that someone like you can walk on? Who let you roam around!”

A young voice replied, “I’m sorry. I…”

Hearing this, Brother and I looked up at the same time. Beside the wall reliefs stood two men. The one who had just scolded someone was Jin ZiXun, with a few servants and cultivators following behind him. The one who had been scolded was a white-clothed young man. When the man saw me and brother, his face immediately went pale. He couldn’t even continue with the things he wanted to say. As Jin ZiXun kept up his haughty guise, Jin GuangYao came to the rescue just in time.

He went to the white-clothed man, “The paths of Koi Tower are rather intricate. Young Master Su, it’s not your fault that you got lost. You can come with me.”

Su she. This guy dropped out from our Gusu Lan sect long ago. Not to mention he injured Wei Ying at Xuanwu cave. He even tried to harm the girl Mianmian. What is he doing here at Jinlintai? I thought.

Seeing that he appeared, Jin ZiXun sneered and walked around them. The white-clothed man, however, hesitated, “You know me?”

Jin GuangYao smiled, “Of course I do. Why wouldn’t I? Haven’t we met each other once? Su gongzi, Su MinShan, your swordsmanship is quite good. I’ve been thinking ever since the hunt at Baifeng Shan about what a pity it’d be if such a young talent didn’t come to our sect. In the end, though, he did come to our sect. I was over the moon with joy. This way, please?”