An year of peace

I returned back home very late. Shufu and brother seemed to be surprised about my late arrival. Since I returned home very late there started questioning about my journey. After they learned that I visited Luanzang hill to see Wei Ying shufu exploded. "What? You went to Luanzang hill to see him?"

I said, "I just visited an old friend."

Shufu spoke, "since when did you started having good terms with him?"

I stayed silent. Shufu continued, "you know how dangerous his situation is. The entire cultivation world is now against him. He even got banned from the Yunmeng Jiang sect. What are you trying to do? Are you trying to be like your father?"

I said, "shufu my father..."

I kneeled down. Shufu said, "that's enough. since you came home late, receive your punishment."

Shufu gave two poles of bamboo into my hands and told me kneel for the night. In that snowy ground in front of ansestral hall I kneeled down holding those two bamboo poles in my hands.

I was punished because of not coming late. I was punished because shufu thinks Wei Ying is evil and he would spoil me. His worst fear is that I would be like my father when he was alive. Holding those bamboo poles and kneeling down, the snow started falling into the ground. I felt cold. But it didn't stop me from kneeling. I was born with a mind of endurance. Looking at those bamboo poles I was asking myself that same question again. What is right or wrong? What is black or white. I kneeled down for many hours. My legs started hurting. The cold snow made my feet feel numb. After some hours later a disciple told me to get up, my punishment is over. He was sent by shufu. I slowly walked towards my room.

In less than three days, almost all of the cultivators learned a terrifying piece of news: Wei WuXian, the one who defected from the Jiang Sect and made his own home in Yiling, had created the the highest level of fierce corpse yet. It was incomparably fast, strong, fearless, and vicious. On top of that, its consciousness was preserved, able to win every night-hunt!

Everyone was in shock: there would be no peace anymore! Wei WuXian would definitely make these fierce corpses on a large scale, in desire of founding his own sect to compete with the cultivational world! And the many young blood of today’s age would definitely be attracted by his evil, opportunist path as well, and go to him one after another. The righteous path of cultivation would have grim future—dark times ahead!

It was widespread across Gusu too. While I was on my night hunt I heard these rumours. Some people really adore him and respects him like a deity. 'All hail Yiling Laozu.'  It was a banner at the street of Yiling that written about him.

Three days later, we went to jinlintai to attend the marriage of jiang gunya and Jin zixuan.

Jiang gunya looks beautiful in her scarlet dress. If Wei Ying would be here he would feel delighted to see his shijie in her wedding dress. Jin zixuan also arrived in the venue wearing scarlet robes. Just like Wei Ying said he walks like a peacock. But this time there was only a small amount of pride in his face. But I could see jiang gunya's slight unhappiness in her eyes. It's because her beloved A Xian is not here.

Everyone who attended the wedding has a wide smile on their face. The hall was filled celebrations and merriment. While I don't feel celebrations in my heart because my heart is somewhere else all the way at Luanzang hill.

Brother asked, "what happened, Wangji? You look so tense?"

I said, "nothing". And I exited from that place.

On that wedding too people spoke nonsense about Wei Ying. While some people supported him. Because he invented many objects that could be useful for cultivational purposes. Some of them I heard is the spirit attraction flag which is used to summon any evil being and the compass of evil to find the evil presence in a certain area.

A whole year he didn't do anything wrong. And so not everyone sprout nonsense about him. It was truly an year of peace.

A few months later it was a happy news for the Lanling Jin sect. His shijie is pregnant. After their marriage jin zixuan did what's best to make her happy. His peacock personality changed after their marriage. He is not arrogant at all. He treats everyone so politely.

Congratulations Wei Ying, now you are an uncle. If he heard of this news he would be very happy.