Loyalty

Wei Ying was in the middle of his silent prayers. Hearing the sound, he trembled as his eyes sprang open. He turned around to see Jiang Wanyin standing in the middle of a clearing outside of the ancestral hall, his arms folded.

His voice was chilling, “Wei WuXian, you really don’t take yourself as an outsider, do you? You come and leave whenever you want. You take with you whomever you want. Do you perhaps still remember whose sect this is? Who’s the owner?”

Doing this, Wei WuXian wanted to keep it away from Jiang Cheng in the first place. Now that he discovered them, he knew they’d definitely be faced with some vicious remarks. He didn’t want to argue, “I didn’t take HanGuang-Jun to the other, more confidential places of Lotus Pier. We only came to greet Jiang shu shu and Yu furen with a few sticks of incense. We’re finished already and we’ll be leaving now.”

Jiang Wanyin said, “If you’re leaving, please go as far as possible. Don’t let me see or hear you fooling around in Lotus Pier again.”

I felt really angered. My right hand press onto my sword and stopped him at once.

I turned to Jiang Wanyin, “Watch your words.”

Jiang Wanyin was quite blunt, “I think you’re the ones who should watch your actions.”

Wei Ying’s brows throbbed even harder, and the ominous feeling within him grew as well. He spoke to me, “HanGuang-Jun, let’s go.”

He then turned around and prostrated a few more times before the Jiang couple’s tablets before standing up with me. Jiang Wanyin didn’t stop him from prostrating, but he didn’t hide his mocking tone either, “You really should kneel for them properly, having dirtied their eyes and contaminated their peace.”

Wei Ying threw him a sideways glance, speaking in a calm voice, “I’m only here to burn some incense. That’s enough, isn’t it?”

Jiang Wanyin spoke, “Burn some incense? Wei WuXian, are you really that dense? It’s been so long since you were kicked out of our sect, and here you are taking unwelcome people with you to burn incense for my parents?”

Wei Ying was already about to pass around him and leave. When he heard this, he suddenly stopped, his voice low, “Well, say it out loud. Who’s an unwelcome person?”

Don't mind him. I really don't mind Jiang Wanyin's words. I already felt tired to talk with him.

Jiang Wanyin mocked, “Look how forgetful you are. What does unwelcome people mean? Then let me remind you. It was because you played the hero and saved Lan er gongzi, who’s standing beside you right now, that the entire Lotus Pier and my parents went down with you. And that wasn’t enough. With the first time, soon comes the second. You even had to save Wen-dogs and drag my jie jie down with you. What a person you are! What’s more, you’re even so generous as to take the two to Lotus Pier. The Wen-dog’s strolling in front of my sect’s gates; Lan er gongzi came here to burn incense. You’re here on purpose to remind me, to remind them.” He continued, “Wei WuXian, who do you think you are? Who gave you the face to take whomever you want into our sect’s ancestral hall?”

Wei Ying knew that Jiang Cheng had to settle this with him no matter what.

For Lotus Pier’s destruction, Jiang Cheng thought not only that Wei WuXian responsible, but also that Wen Ning and I were responsible too. He wouldn’t give a friendly look to either of the three of us, let alone when we were walking right in front of his face at the same time inside Lotus Pier. He was probably infuriated.

Jiang Wanyin was already jealous about me when Wei Ying tries to get closer to me. I know about that ever since the waterborne abyss mission we had at biling lake years ago.