Everyday means Everyday

The sun hadn't risen yet. It was still quiet over the streets. Wei Ying and I walked together, hearing only the soft taps of the donkey's hooves clicking on the ground.

The night was beautiful after the rain. There were fireflies flying over the air.

Sitting on the back of the donkey, Wei Ying gave its buttocks a few pats. The pouch at its girdle was full and hard, filled with apples that were probably snacks from the Lan Sect's juniors.

Lil apple will have a good appetite on its way. I felt relieved.

Wei Ying fished out an apple from inside and placed it near his mouth. Staring at my face from the side, he gave it quite a loud crunch. Watching its apple be shamelessly stolen, Lil' Apple was so furious that it flared its nostrils, slamming its hooves. Wei Ying had no time to pay attention to it, giving it a few more slaps as he stuffed the unfinished apple into its mouth, "Lan Zhan, did you know? The one named SiSi seemed to have been a friend of Jin GuangYao's mother's."

I said, "I did not."

Wei Ying didn't know if he should laugh, "I was only making a comment, not that I was really asking you. I saw it back at the Guanyin Temple, in Empathy with the ghoul woman. She looked after Jin GuangYao and his mother quite well."

No wonder he spared only Sisi after Jin Guangshan's murder.

Wei Ying said, "It should be the case. I was afraid ZeWu-Jun would go soft on him again, so I didn't say everything. Even now I still don't we should tell him."

I said, "If he should ask in the future, I will let him know."

Wei Ying spoke, "Might as well."

He turned and glanced back, letting out a rare sigh, "I don't want to care about any of those nasty things anymore. This is it."

I nodded and tightened Lil' Apple's reins. I continued to walk with it.

Each could only deal with our own troubles. Even if brother was my brother by birth, I couldn't do anything to help him right now. Comfort was useless. It'd all be in vain.

Xiong Zhang, please don't blame yourself for everything that happened. I sighed.

After a pause, I spoke, "Wei Ying."

I think it's time. I should tell him about Sizhui's past.

Wei Ying asked, "What?"

I said, "There is something I have never told you."

Wei Ying somehow felt a bit flustered, "What is it?"

I stopped and stared straight at him. Just as I was about to speak, from behind the two of us came a series of rushed footsteps. Wei Ying muttered, "Goodness, somebody's already caught up with us?"

Somebody had caught up indeed, but it was much better than expected. SiZhui ran over, panting, "H-HanGuang-Jun, Wei Qianbei!"

He must've ran so fast. His cheeks were flushed and was sweating.

Wei Ying propped his arm on the donkey's head, "SiZhui-er, I'm eloping with HanGuang-Jun. Why are you here? Aren't you scared Old Mr. Lan would scold you?"

SiZhui blushed, " Wei Qianbei, do not be like this. I-I came to ask a very important question!"

Wei Ying asked, "What is it?"

SiZhui, "I remembered a few things that I could not confirm, so... so I came to ask HanGuang-Jun and Wei Qianbei."

You remember? Don't tell me. This is really a coincidence. I know Wen Ning won't tell about it. Could it be? He remembered everything from his past.