Come with me to Gusu

I suddenly spoke up, "Wei Ying."

I had been standing quietly at the side. As I spoke, both Wei ying and Jiang wanyin turned to me. He nodded slightly, "HanGuang Jun"

I asked, "Were you the one who has been killing the Wen Sect's disciples?"

He replied, "Of course."

Jiang Cheng said, "I knew it was you. Why did you kill them one at a time? It'd be so much of a hassle."

Wei Ying said, "To play around, play with them until they die. Straight up killing all of them at once would be too easy on them. Much better killing them in front of one another one by one, one slice after another. Of course, with Wen Chao, I hadn't tortured him enough yet. Wen ZhuLiu, however, he'd received the guidance of Wen RuoHan and joined the Wen Sect with his surname changed, protecting Wen RuoHan's precious son under his orders." He laughed coldly, "He wanted to protect him, but I wanted to make him see how in his hands, Wen Chao would become more and more distorted, unlike a man but also unlike a monster."

The smile was somewhere among cold, cruel, and pleased. I watched with clarity in my expression. I walked one step forward, "What means do you use to control such dark creatures?"

The curvature of his lips dropped slightly as he glanced at me. Jiang wanyin had also heard the dissonant tone, "Lan er gongzi, what do you mean by this?"

My eyes were glued to Wei Ying, "Answer me."

The ghoul child and the blue-faced woman began to stir. Wei ying turned around and looked at them. They backed off slowly, reluctant, and sunk into the darkness. He finally turned to me again and raised his brows, "If you will... what would happen if I don't answer?"

Quickly, he ducked to the side, dodging my sudden attack. He walked three steps back, "Lan Zhan, we've just met each other again after so long and you're already trying to catch me. That's not nice, is it?"

I moved without saying anything. Wei ying blocked whatever attack I threw at him. Both of us were fast. The third time he moved my hand away, he spoke, "I thought that we could be considered familiar with each other. You starting a fight with me without saying anything does sound a bit heartless, doesn't it?"

Why don't you let me hold your hand. Is your spiritual powers weak? Let me help you. I'm not being heartless I just wanted to know what happened to you.

I asked again, "Answer me!"

Jiang Cheng blocked himself between the two of us, "Lan er gongzi!"

Wei Ying spoke, "Lan er gongzi, what you're asking about really can't be explained in a short amount of time. And it's kind of strange. If I were to ask you about the Gusu Lan Sect's secret techniques, would you answer me?"

I walked past Jiang Cheng and came straight at him. Wei ying crossed his flute in front of me, "That's too much, isn't it? Why so unfriendly? Lan Zhan, just what in the world do you want to do?"

I want to help you. I spoke one word at a time, "Go back to Gusu with me."

Hearing this, both he and Jiang Cheng were surprised.

Quickly afterward, he laughed, "Go back to Gusu with you? To the Cloud Recesses? Why go there?"

He immediately seemed to realize, "Oh. I forgot. Your shufu Lan QiRen hates crooked people like me. You're his proudest disciple, so of course you're the same as him, haha. I refuse."

No that's not what I meant. Let me help you. Listen to me, Wei Ying. I care about you.

Jiang Cheng stared at me, cautious, "Lan er gongzi, all of us understand the Lan Sect's ways. However, Wei WuXian saved you in the cave of the Xuanwu in Muxi Shan, much less your friendship of having fought together. Now, to mercilessly denounce him straight away would be too unreasonable, wouldn't it?"