Earth To Mars: Chapter 1

"Let’s go Bruno, we’re going to be late." I said fixing my hair in the mirror. "Alright, I’m almost done." he responded. I went the living room and sat on the couch. "Is Phil going to meet us there?" I asked. "He said he was." "Okay." Bruno was sometimes such a procrastinator, he was supposed to write his letter weeks ago. I helped him out as much as I could because everyday he was starting to get busier and busier. Most of our days when I didn't have to work we we’re at the studio, not that I was complaining or anything. It was so much fun watching him work.

I wasn’t looking forward to work myself tomorrow either, I didn’t hate my job or anything, but I still loved the thought of doing it since I had gone to college for so long. Bruno kept telling me to quit and that he would take care of me, but I still wanted to be doing something. Ever since he was featured on a song called Billionaire, the money had started flowing in. I was so proud of him, he had never given up on his dream, and he never gave up on me.

I folded up the letter and put it into my top drawer. I would send that off first thing tomorrow morning. I walked out into the living room, “Alright babe I’m ready.” “About time!” she smirked. I went over and hugged her, “Don’t you get on me about time..” I whispered in her ear. “I know you’re not talking.” she whispered back. Her whispers always sounded so sensual to me, it got me going. I started lightly kissing her neck. She pulled away, “No Bruno, we have to go! You always do that!” I fake stomped, “Damn.. I thought it would work.” She laughed at me and started for the door.

We both threw on our Ray Bans on, Bruno rocked his better then me of course, I loved when he wore them. We jumped in the car and we we’re on our way. I turned on the radio. Billionaire was on and we both looked at each other and smiled. “Don’t it just feel good babe?” “It feels damn good.” “I can’t wait till you’re own songs are playing on here.” He looked at me for a second, “That’s going to be such a unexplainable feeling.” I smiled, “I know babe, I know.” I felt like Bruno was the most deserving person I knew. He worked hard day in and day night and was so humble to everyone he met. He was special, and I was just glad I was the one who he shared that with. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, but at the same time I didn’t want to push him into anything yet.

I snapped my fingers, “Fuck, I forgot about dinner tonight.” “Wait, what dinner?” We we’re both so busy sometimes that we forgot about everything. “Everyone is supposed to be coming over tonight for dinner.” “Damn, I forgot too. What you cooking?” he asked with a smirk. “Oh you must have forgot the other part too, you’re cooking.” He looked at me in mock horror, “Babe, I tell you over and over, I can’t cook!” “Well, you’re going to learn today.” I wasn’t really going to make him cook. I just liked messing with him because he’s so cute when he’s upset.

"I swear, if you leave it up to me, we’ll all be eating boxes of pop tarts.." I laughed, "Or cereal you forgot to add." "Or we could just skip dinner all together, and I could just have you for dessert." I looked at him crazy, "You can be really nasty sometimes.." "That’s just what I does." I giggled some and shook my head. I looked back at the window as I kept smiling, my Bruno, he hadn’t changed a bit..