An Expedition into Unknown

Chapter Ten

An Expedition into the Unknown

When time is not on your side you must be ready for all scenarios

Elisium.

The Fifth Loop, Year 381, 1st January (5L/381/1/1)

"I came here empty-handed but we are going back with some priceless treasures."

Andrews and Matthews stood on the bridge of faith, the same bridge from where Solomon had leaped to change the fortunes of Aden, and now Andrews wished to do the same.

"What are you taking back in all these?" Matthews asked looking at the dozen sacks Andrews had brought for his return journey.

"Those two have all the maps I drew during my exploration," Andrews said pointing to a couple of sacks "Had to make them waterproof. This large black one has all my notes. These two sacks have samples of Star-Rocks."

"Why are you carrying rocks?" Matthews interrupted his friend.

"For experiments in Aden's advanced labs. They have to see these magical rocks to believe in their powers. So my friend, ready to see my world?" Andrews's friendship with Matthews had blossomed once Andrews told him the truth about himself and Aden. Matthews wasn't surprised, he too was a genius and had long guessed that Andrews was hiding something along these lines.

With the first rays of the sun, the Abyss of Unknown magically appeared in the river below. Sweat beaded on Matthews's forehead, his heart was thumping out of his chest. "Are you sure about this? So far I have believed in everything you have told me, but this is a step far too bold. I have a loving wife and two kids, and my wife is going to murder me if I get killed in this Abyss."

Andrews chuckled. "Don't worry my friend, it is time for you to meet the other Sherlyn, Gabriel, and Laura. I am dying to see the look on Suzanne's face when two Andrews appear in front of her. This is going to be great fun. By the way, where have you stored the copies of all the notes I gave you?"

"My heart is in my mouth and you are worried about notes. I have given it to Sherlyn for safekeeping. Don't worry your knowledge is safe and even if I don't return from this dangerous-looking adventure I am sure Gabriel will use it for the betterment of this world."

"You are coming with me because you want to see Aden," Andrews said pushing one of the sacks from the bridge. "Don't worry, you will return soon and lead the path of scientific and technological development in Elisium for years to come. Now, it's time to go."

Andrews leaped once they had dropped all the bags into the whirlpool. Matthews swallowed hard, took Almighty's name, remembered his family, and finally jumped to follow his friend into another world.

After the brief sensation of getting sucked in, they emerged on the other side. Andrews looked around him. The lush green grass on the riverbanks meant he was back in Aden. Now it was time to meet the king.

***

King Samuel the Brave was in the dining hall when Stuart, the commander of the Palace guards, interrupted him in his family dinner.

Samuel rolled his eyes. "For your own sake, I hope this is something really important. You know I don't like getting disturbed during my family time."

Samuel had such an imposing personality that Stuart was literally trembling. "Your Highness, I wouldn't have disturbed you if it wasn't urgent. Andrews the Explorer, is at the palace gates. Or should I say that two Andrews the Explorers are at the palace gates?"

Samuel clenched his jaw. "Are you drunk on duty? Andrews has been missing for a decade."

"I know that Your Highness, and I am not drunk. He has returned and there are not one but two Andrews. You must see for yourself."