Chapter 1 Page 14 (Rewritten)

Third Person POV

Thana takes a couple of deep breaths to try and calm down her beating heart. 'I need help. I don't understand these feelings. Who should I talk to.......' Thana jumps up with a gasp. "Xylo! I need to talk to Xylo." Thana says as she hurries to Xylos cabin. Her mask is forgotten in her room but at this moment she doesn't care. She begins knocking on Xylo's door. He opens his door and looks at her confused. "Thana what's wrong? Where is your mask?" Xylo asks as he looks at his sister confused. Thana then realizes she doesn't have her mask.

"That doesn't matter. I need your help. Come with me please." Thana says as she motions for her brother to go with her. Xylo nods thinking someone is in danger. He follows Thana to her cabin. They go inside and Thana begins to pace. Xylo watches her confused. "Thana what's wrong?" He asks his sister. "I-I don't know. I hate this." She says as she pulls her hair a little. Xylo quickly grabs her shoulders, stopping from pacing. He then grabs her hands and makes it so she can't pull her hair. "What is wrong? Talk to me." Xylo says holding her in place.

"I... I don't understand emotions. I was alone most of my life. I was never shown anything other than anger and hate. I've never felt safe and I hate being touched in any way. But.... but with him. I.... I feel safe. I feel like nothing can hurt me. I trust him. I let him hug me and hold me. When I'm with him my heart won't stop pounding. And my face heats up and feels like it's burning. Hell even when i think about him my heart beats so fast. I worry about him all the time." Thana takes a deep breath.

Xylo looks at his sister with surprise. "Thana... it sounds like you love whoever this guy is." Thana looks at Xylo with confusion and wonder swimming in her eyes. "What is love? I don't understand." Her eyes now hold pain and confusion. Xylo looks at her with sadness. "No one really knows what love is. But you feel safe with him. You get flustered just by thinking of him. You love him. But I just have one question" Xylo says. "What?" Thana asks, looking at Xylo with appreciation and happiness in her eyes.

"Who is it that you're in love with?" Xylo asks his sister. Thana starts to blush and her eyes dart away from him. Xylo gets a little shocked that Thana is blushing. "Ummmm it may or may not be....." She mumbles a name but Xylo can't hear her. "Who?" Xylo asks again. Thana looks down embarrassed. Xylo lets go of Thana's arms and just stands in front of her. "Cal" Thana says softly. Xylo smiles a little at his embarrassed sister. "Well, at least I know Cal won't hurt you. But I am going to go have a talk with him." Xylo says.

"Why do you have to talk to him?" Thana asks Xylo with wonder in her eyes. "Well I need to make sure he is good enough for my little sister." Xylo says smiling at Thana. She looks at her big brother with nothing but pure happiness in her eyes. "Oh and Thana your eyes look awesome" Xylo says. Thanas eyes widen "Shit I forgot I'm not wearing my mask." Thana grabs her mask and puts it on. "Why do you wear a mask again?" Xylo asks. "Well if you couldn't tell. I'm bad at hiding the emotions that show through my eyes. And from what i have learned is that. Emotions are dangerous and can get you killed." Thana explains a little.

Xylo can tell that Thana isn't telling the whole truth but he doesn't push her. He just nods and says "That is understandable. Now I have to go and have a talk with Cal. Unless you want to tell me why you finally came to this realization today." Xylo says, raising his eyebrow at the end. Thana looks away with another blush forming on her face. Her remembering what happened not too long ago. Xylo suppresses a chuckle at Thanas once again red face. "Are you going to tell me? Or should i ask Cal?" Xylo asks with a smirk.

"No, no I'll tell you. So um. I left the meeting yesterday early because there was to many people for my liking. And Cal caught me sneaking away. So we talked a little and we both came to my cabin." Thana goes to continue but Xylo cut sher off. "You guys didn't do what i think you two did?!?" Xylo asks as his eyes go wide. Thana laughs and shakes her head no. At that Xylo calms down a little and motions for his sister to continue speaking. Thana roles her eyes at her brother and begins speaking again.

"We came back here. And talk, he asked me who all I saw as family so I told him. Then he asked me what he was to me. I told him he is my best friend." Thana smiles. "He told me I'm his best friend also. We hugged and talked a little more. Soon I got out my laptop and we began watching anime. I didn't think I would have liked it. But I actually do like it, Cal has a good taste. Anyway as we watched anime I slowly got closer to him until I was leaning on him." Thana smiles more, remembering how cheesy Cal was.

"That's when Cal began to get cheesy. He did a fake yawn and raised his arms. And when he put his arms down he placed an arm around my shoulders." Thana says the end with a small chuckle. Xylo laughs a little and shakes his head. "Anyway, it didn't take long for me to fall asleep. I remember waking up a little when he put me in my bed. He was going to leave so.... I grabbed his wrist and told him to stay the night. Because it was too late and i didnt want him to get hurt." Thana frowns a little at the thought of Cal getting hurt.

"He agreed and was about to sleep on the couch. But I stopped him again. I told him his back and neck would hurt in the morning if he slept on the couch. So I told him to sleep on my bed with me. I told him I wanted to cuddle. Which wasn't a lie. He agreed and layed next to me in bed. We began to cuddle and he started playing with my hair. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep then." Thana smiles at the memories. "Ok so what happened this morning?" Xyo asks looking at her.