You're Still Wearing It?

(TW- mentions of the miscarriage again)

"Are you paying attention?"

Blinking quickly trying to refocus your eyes, you nodded your head acting as if you were in fact listening. As usual, you had drowned out everything that Phasma had said during the debrief. It's not like you were consciously trying to ignore her, but your mind was a bit preoccupied.

"Good, so you're fine with traveling with the Commander?"

Your mouth hung open in shock as you stared at the Captain's white-blond hair as she stared back at you. Raising her eyebrows, she tilted her head to the side waiting for an answer. Unfortunately, all you could give her was a shocked stare.

The other medical troops in the room were also staring at you waiting for you to give your answer. Had literally everyone else actually been listening? Whoops. You were so lost, why would you need to travel with him?

"The decision can be made for you," Hux chimed in stepping into your line of vision. "Would you prefer that?" he said while folding his hands behind his back sounding impatient.

You shook your head, "What, no, why do I need to do that?"

"So, you weren't paying attention?" Hux said with a smug look on his face as he leered at you over the table separating the two of you.

"Cut her some slack, General," Elliot said with a warning tone.

Suddenly, you felt how thick the tension was in the room. Why did it seem like Elliot hated Hux so much? How did they really even know each other?

Everyone in the room was situated around a large black table. There were chairs separating everyone out and you were all faced towards the two presenting at the head of the table. Most debriefs were in much larger groups, but this was a specific session for just the medic troops.

"Why should I?" the General said back with a snide. "Why must she always get special treatment?"

"Could you just explain it to me again, please?" you asked trying to keep your tone light and not defensive.

Letting out a dramatic sigh, Hux took a step towards you before saying, "Just because you are some little fuck toy for the-"

"Alright, that's enough," Elliot said in a low voice standing up so instantly that his chair fell to the floor behind him with a loud crash.

Everyone's eyes in the room were instantly on you and Elliot who was now standing up next to you. Your face was bright red and you could feel the pathetic tears pricking your eyes. This had all happened like a flash and you didn't know what you did to make him so upset.

Fuck that ginger asshole.

"General Hux, I suggest that you watch your tone when talking to my troops," Phasma said in a cold hiss as she walked over to him at the edge of the conference table.

You felt embarrassed because you hadn't been paying attention. And now you were getting slut-shamed by this jealous son of a bitch. This was ridiculous. You just wanted to leave and go be alone.

Sliding your seat back, you stood up and grabbed your datapad, "I'll be reading the debrief on my own and leaving now."

With that, you turned around and left the room without looking at anyone. The tears of frustration started to leak from your eyes and you quickly wiped them away. The hallways were relatively busy at this hour and you dodged the incoming traffic flow of people moving throughout them.

Your platoon of troops was being deployed again this evening and this meeting was to go over the plan. This time you had honestly really tried to pay attention, but just like in the past, you easily zoned out. It was so easy to. Everything they were talking about just made you more anxious and worried than you needed to be.