Visitor in the Night

You had never felt so ashamed and embarrassed.

You had gotten caught, red-handed, by the Commander about your dreams that solely involved him. He was somehow reading your thoughts and could now see what was going on while you were sleeping.

How could that even be possible? How much of your dreams had he seen?

You knew he was force sensitive; you'd seen him clean up after his temper tantrum in your exam room. But you didn't think that the force gave someone the ability to see inside other people's heads. 

Mortified, you left the dark quiet room, and walked out of the medbay. Picking up your pace, you almost ran back to the elevator. You pushed the button insistently, thinking it would make the door open faster. Once the doors slid open, you dashed inside and smashed on the button that would take you to the floor your room was on.

Standing in the elevator, you grabbed the wall for support.

You felt violated. Those dreams were supposed to be private. It wasn't your fault that he could read your mind. It's not like you could control your dreams. Anger crept up inside of you as the tiredness from your long shift left your body.

The doors slid open and you raced out of them and headed straight towards your room. The hatch opened with a hiss and you stormed inside. Grabbing a pillow off your bed you chucked it against the wall. You grabbed another and shoved your face into it.

Does this mean you can never be alone again with your thoughts? Was he always going to be in your head?

You let out a scream that was muffled by the pillow. Dropping it on the floor, you walked over to your dresser, ripped open a drawer, and grabbed your exercise clothes. You hadn't worked out in a while, you didn't have any time or motivation, but boy you had some anger that you needed to get out.

After chucking your scrubs in the corner and pulling on the new outfit, you reached for your datapad only to realize that you'd left it in your medbay. Rolling your eyes in frustration you kicked the pillow on the ground next to you. You had wanted to message Max to see if he wanted to let out his anger with you. Deciding you were going to find him anyways; you left your room in a huff to go find him.

Unfortunately, Max's room was nowhere near yours- of course. Walking through the hallway at this hour was odd for you. Most people were just starting their days, but you were ending yours. Perks of the overnight shift.

You didn't even know what time it was, but you assumed it was around 6:00. That meant that Max was done working and was either eating or in his room. Deciding he was probably in his room, you headed through the maze of hallways until you reached his room. Still pissed off at everything, you pounded on the door.

"Come in-"

The hatch flew open and you stormed inside. Max was in his bathroom staring at himself in the mirror. Seeing your angry reflection, he turned around and pursed his lips.

"Now what is the matter with you?"

"I'm crabby. Can we go let our anger out in the training center?"

He chuckled and walked out towards his dresser. He shook his head and started opening the drawers to find new clothes.

"It's not funny. I'm very mad," you said crossing your arms.

Max pulled a shirt over his head and turned around to look at you. Rolling his eyes, he walked over and patted your head.

"I know you are sweetie, but you're just so darn cute when you are."

You let whine as you pouted and leaned against the wall. He threw on shorts and grabbed his shoes. Raising his eyebrows at you, you stood up and walked out of the hatch.