Can You Handle That?

The bruises on your neck were dark and they were scattered from your neck down to past your chest. Staring at yourself in the bathroom mirror, your reflection looked so different. The creases in your forehead and around your eyes weren't as pronounced. You looked younger- well except for the darkness under your eyes.

You started the water for the shower and rubbed your tired eyes. You had tossed and turned for a while before you had been able to fall asleep the night before. You couldn't stop thinking about being with Kylo.

Waking up exhausted, you had felt an immense wave of guilt wash over you. Here you were, praising and pleasuring the man who was going to be killing the people of the New Republic. You felt like you had betrayed yourself and what you stood for. Your body had wilted under his touch and you hated yourself for it.

Why did he have this power over you?

How did he?

The instant you first saw him, you knew he would have some sort of power over you; you just didn't know how much. His presence was intoxicating and couldn't stay away from him. You were terrified of him and yet you wanted to be around him.

Not to mention how he basically had his way with you and then just left you- left you all alone in a damn supplies closet.

Why had he come to save you in the training center if he wasn't going to stick around afterward?

The water didn't give your tired brain any relief. Stepping out, you didn't bother to do anything with your hair except throw it up on top of your head. Pulling on your black scrubs, you grabbed your datapad as you slipped your shoes on.

You were supposed to help Kylo with his shoulder today, but you wanted to stop by your normal medbay first. You wanted to see Damon to apologize for leaving the party so abruptly. Also, just to see him, because he was your friend.

No other reason.

Paddling down the hallway, you adjusted your thermal around your neck to make sure no marks on your skin were showing. You knew that wouldn't be a fun conversation to have.

Walking through the doors to the medbay, you were bombarded with loud shouting and monitors going off. Worried, you ran towards the back. Following the voices to the operation rooms, you ran in to find Damon yelling at medics and droids while a trooper laid in the middle of the room. She was seizing on the floor as blood was going everywhere and everyone in the room was trying to give her space.

You made eye contact with Damon and his eyes locked on yours. As he looked into your eyes, you knew what he was silently asking for. You nodded reassuringly at him and ran to the counter grabbing gloves and a mask as you threw your datapad down.

Leading a few other medics out of the room, you all entered another room where an engineer was yelling in pain. They had sliced their arm and there were med droids attempting to help, but they were only making matters worse.

"You, switch places with the droid and send them in with Damon to help clean up the excess blood," you said to a medic. They nodded and walked into the room further.

"Can you call the sanitation crew to help with all of the bio-hazard bags?" you asked another medic and the nodded going towards the phone in the lobby.

Leaving the room where the engineer was, you walked into another room and saw another trooper laying in their bed writhing in pain. Their armor was still on their body, but it was clear that their leg had been severely injured.

Directing another medic, you said, "Get his armor off, carefully, and start prepping the leg to be looked at." They nodded and followed your orders.