Chapter 3

Okiedoke!  So I'll put in a note when you can play it.  This might be a bit of a longer chapter because I added the song, but hey!  What's Descendants without a song here and there?  Enjoy!

◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Ben, you don't have to do this," Carlos said again.

"Nonsense!" Ben waved his hand.  "Besides, I've been dying to see the Isle of the Lost VK style!"  He gestured to his blue leather jacket he had just put on.  "Edgey!"

Jay laughed so hard that he held his stomach.  Carlos drew in a deep breath and set his elbow on his friend's shoulder.  "You've got a lot to learn."

Ben's wide grin faltered, but he shrugged it off.  "Hey, the whole point of sneaking for the first time in my entire life is for learning purposes."

"Ben, Ben, Ben…"  Jay shook his head.  "You can't even aim to be bad right.  Think of this as fun, adventure, and not… another goodness class."

"O...k?"  Ben tilted his head.

Carlos merely laughed.  "Remember tonight at midnight, meet us at the gates."

"Right!"

"Is uh… Doug coming?"  Jay asked slowly.

"No.  Him and Jane decided to stay, you know, in case somebody needs to vouch for us," Ben answered.

"Hey, their loss."  Jay shrugged.

"If I were them I wouldn't go to the Isle of the Lost.  I'd rather not go back now, but… I need to do this!"  Carlos whispered quietly.  Jay and Ben looked at him understandingly.

"Well," Ben cleared his throat, "I uh… I better get back to my room before curfew.  See you in a few hours?"

Carlos nodded and Jay nodded.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

Varian tapped his fingers as he waited for a certain someone.  Finally the hidden door (the only thing his father never found out about, it but could only be opened by one person in particular) clicked.  It opened and a head peeped out.  "Coming out?"

"Huh, I wonder how you knew I was grounded again," Varian snorted sarcastically.

"I don't know.  Maybe it's the fact you're always freaking grounded," she retorted.

Varian grabbed his raccoon and the two went through the trap door.  With a wave of her hand, black rocks covered the door to keep anyone from noticing that it existed.  Varian smirked at her.  "Thanks, Cassie."

"Cass," she corrected.  "Don't mention it.  Come on, we better go meet the other two before they accuse us of something."

They met the other two in their regular place.  "Hey!  We thought something happened two and what not," the boy said in a cheerful sarcasm.

"Hey, Mcleach," Cassandra rolled her eyes.

"Please don't call me that.  Only my dad goes by our last name.  I don't want to be mistaken as him," the boy huffed.

"Relax," the girl beside him, Shawna, snorted.  "You gained your mother's ugly looks.  No one could mistake you for your father when you've got that bright red hair."

"Gee, thanks," Percy Mcleach frowned.

"Come on y'all.  Let's go cause a ruckus!" Varian smirked.

*Cue the music!*

C:They say I'm trouble
They say I'm bad
They say I'm evil
And that makes me glad

Cassandra led them through the streets.  Since Mal and the others left, it was now their clan and Uma's that everyone tried to avoid.  Cassandra was the face of the leader, but everyone knew who really ran the team.  The youngest of the crew.  Varian.

S:A dirty no-good
Down to the bone
Your worst nightmare
Can't take me home

Shawna flipped her head as she spun her staff that was used as a weapon.

V:So I've got some mischief
In my blood
Can you blame me
I never got no love

Varian had a smirk pasted to his face as they passed another group who did their best to stay away from their reach.

P:They think I'm callous
A low-life hood
I feel so useless
Misunderstood

Percy grabbed one of them by their shirt and stole their wallet.  He didn't even try to take it back.

C:Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who's the baddest of them all?
Welcome to my wicked world, wicked world
V:(Wicked world)

All four of them entered the laundry area.  Everyone stepped out of their way.

A:I'm rotten to the core, core
Rotten to the core
I'm rotten to the core, core
Who could ask for more?
I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door
I'm rotten to the, I'm rotten to the
I'm rotten to the core

One teen with more boldness than others muttered, "Freaks!" as they passed.

V:Call me a schemer
Call me a freak
How can you say that?
I'm just unique

Varian grabbed him by the shirt and shoved him with surprising strength.

S:What, me a traitor?
Ain't got your back?
Are we not friends?
What's up with that?

P:So I'm a misfit
So I'm a flirt
I broke your heart
I made you hurt

C:The past is past
Forgive, forget
The truth is
You ain't seen nothing yet!

All four of them laughed as they now stood on the tables by the laundry area.

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who's the baddest of them all?
Welcome to my wicked world, wicked world
V:(Wicked world)

A:I'm rotten to the core, core
Rotten to the core
I'm rotten to the core, core
Who could ask for more?
I'm nothing like the kid next, like the kid next door
I'm rotten to the, I'm rotten to the
I'm rotten to the core!

"That's right!  You better run!" Percy jeered as a lot of the Vks just dispersed.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

Ok, so that's the end of this chapter!  It didn't actually turn out longer.  Heh, oh well.  Hoped you enjoyed it.  I had fun writing.