Lullibies

This was one of those nights that you had trouble falling asleep.

Falling asleep would usually come easy to you, in ten minutes or less but it wasn't coming to you right now for some reason. It was almost three in the morning and you haven't slept a wink, while your girlfriend, Taylor, was sleeping soundlessly next to you. It was to a point where everything that would usually help you fall asleep didn't work. Well, except for one thing you have yet to try. As you sat up in your bed thinking about it, you hugged your knees against your chest trying to decide if you really should wake Taylor up for her to cuddle with you. You thought that maybe, just maybe, her cuddling you would just do the trick for sleep to come to you. What was keeping you from that was knowing her busy schedule for the following day. The more you thought about it, the more you were hesitating because you wanted Taylor to get all the rest she could before jumping in the start of her busy day. As all of these thoughts were running through your mind, you were also staring into space at the wall that you didn't notice Taylor waking up. You slight jumped a bit when you felt her gentle touch on your shoulder.

"Y/n? What's wrong? Are you okay?" She asked in a worried but tired voice.

"Oh Taylor, I'm so sorry if I woke you. It's just that I'm having a hard time falling asleep and I didn't wanna wake you." You respond, as she begins to rub soothing circles on your back.

You didn't have to say anymore and neither did she.

Taylor knew exactly what to do in order to help you feel relaxed enough to fall asleep. Because you still had your back facing her, she took the opportunity to wrap her arms around your waist and gently pulled in close to her, your head pressed against her chest as you listened to the soothing sound of her heartbeat. Taylor's process is beginning to make you feel relaxed, you close your eyes as you feel her fingers run through your hair. It was all very peaceful and calming to you, but you weren't quite ready to fall asleep.

When Taylor sees that, she tries something new, she begins to softly sing to you.

"Your little hands wrapped around my finger, and it's quiet in the world tonight..."

As you begin to doze off, you feel her soft lips pressing down on your forehead and we're finally able to fall into a deep, peaceful, much needed sleep.