4 The Next Day (1009)

-Kakashi's point of view-

I hadn't gotten much sleep last night, even though I fell asleep before Iruka even left. Nightmares are just something that's apart of me now, but I was having this recurring one last night, ones that weren't about Rin or Obito, or my family, but about the torture I received by the rock ninjas.
I've been tortured for information before, but this was different, it just brought back memories I forgot I had.

I was laying on my couch, on my back, and just staring at the ceiling, when I heard a knock at my door.
I adjusted my mask and said, "Come in."

Iruka walked in, with a backpack and what looked like food.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to sit up with my one, usable arm.

Iruka set his belongings down and lowered me back on my couch.

-Iruka's point of view-

I laid Kakashi back down, and that's when I noticed that the clamminess of his skin was gone.

I smiled and said, "You should get changed into some clean clothes."

Kakashi shook his head in agreement, and shakily extended his hand for me to help him up. I did so and led him into his room.

After he closed the door, I went back to the living room, where I left the bag of ingredients to make Miso soup.
I grabbed the bag and went to the kitchen, there was hardly any cooking utensils in Kakashi's cupboards, but I could work with what I had.

I started unpacking the ingredients, when I heard Kakashi, from his room, call my name.

"Yes?" I answered, walking to his door.

"Can you give me a mask?" He asked.

"What's wrong with the one you have on?" I asked, stepping closer to the door.

"It's nothing, but my other one is more comfortable for the state I'm in right now." Kakashi said.
I could hear him rustling things in his room, like clothes, books, and bed sheets.

"Well, where's the other one?" I asked, putting my ear against the door now.

"In the bathroom." He answered.

I walked to the bathroom and saw a white surgical mask on the side of the sink, it appeared new, and unused.
I picked it up and started back to Kakashi's door.
When I had gotten there, I knocked and asked, "Is this it?"

He opened the door slowly, keeping the lower half of his face covered by the door, "Yes, thank you." He said, before grabbing it, and closing the door behind him.

~Later~

About 10 minutes later, I heard Kakashi open his bedroom door and start stumbling into the living room.

"Where are you?" He asked, me not looking back at him yet.

"I'm in the kitchen." I said.

I moved the Miso pot off the burner, and turned it off.
I then turned around to see Kakashi, leaning against the door frame to the kitchen.

(His face looked like this)

I blushed a namely shade of pink, that a blind man could see from a mile away.

"Are you alright?" Kakashi asked, repositioning himself against the door frame.

"Y-Yeah, I'm f-fine." I managed to stutter out, looking Kakashi up and down.

He was wearing incredibly casual clothes, I didn't even know he owned.

(What he was wearing)

"I cooked us some lunch." I said, turning around to the stove.

"You didn't have to do that." Kakashi said, walking up behind me.

"It's alright, I just want to make sure you're eating." I replied.

~Later~

I had served Kakashi and myself.
We had eaten and cleaned up.

"Oh, I almost forgot." I said, reaching for the backpack I brought over.

"What is it?" Kakashi asked.

I pulled bandages and gauze out of the backpack, and said, "I stopped by the infirmary on my way here, and they said that you need to go see them once a week, since your not staying at the hostpital, until your wounds don't bother you anymore."

"Hmm." Kakashi said, almost as if he was debating weather to oblige with this compromise.

"You have to Kakashi, there's no twisting your way out of this one." I said sternly, trying to grab hold of his arm, so I could re-bandage the wound.

"Can you...heal me a little?" Kakashi asked, smiling under his surgical mask.

"Uh, I would but I'm not very good at healing such severe injuries." I said, putting my hands in my lap, disappointed in myself a little.

"Any little bit helps." Kakashi compromised, itching his jawline with his finger, smiling.

I smiled as well, "What do you need?" I asked.

"Can you help with the soreness?" He asked.

"Yes I can." I said proudly.

-Kakashi's point of view-

Iruka did a slow, medical ninjutsu, making sure to get it right for me, which I found to be endearing.
He finished the simple ninjutsu, and my soreness instantly subsided, I relaxed my body and closed my eyes, sighing.

"Better?" Iruka asked me, smiling.

"Yeah, a lot better." I said, sighing again.

-Iruka's point of view-

I beamed when Kakashi said that he felt better.
I don't know why I did, but I did, I was very invested in his well being for some reason.

"Do you want me to dress your wounds?" I asked, calming my smile a little.

Kakashi looked at me, smiling once more under his mask.

A sudden urge to see Kakashi's beautiful smile flooded me.
I sat down next to him, assuming I was gonna redress his wounds when, I slowly went to pull Kakashi's surgical mask down.

I saw the panic and glimpse of fear in his eyes when he realized what I was doing, but I couldn't stop. I knew I was betraying his trust, but at that moment, I didn't care.

I had got my fingers around the bridge of the mask, and started pulling down, when Kakashi yelled out, "What the hell are you doing?!", grabbing my wrists, preventing me from pulling his mask down further.