Present Time

I never heard from Chanyeol again. I might be rude after all but I really don't want to undergo those emotions again. I thought I was mature enough to meet him, but I was not.

I was still stuck on my book. I wanted to try something different. Something that never happened in my life. Something that was not related to Chanyeol and I.

I tried thinking of other genres and plotlines that could be interesting. I started reading novels and watching movies. I explored on various stories, hoping that I could finally get some inspiration.

I wanted to do something light and fun. I no longer wanted to write something that could make me sad. I wanted to push my promise that the moment I finished our book, I would be over you.

A week after, Chanyeol's company invited us for a script reading. They were the ones who found the celebrities and I approved of it. The leading lady was beautiful and shy. I never thought I'd be portrayed as a girl but I guess that's what the viewers imagined when they read the book.

People were not really that open to LGBT themed books and I guess it was my own fault that the characters were thought of it that way. At this point, I didn't mind. Just the thought of this book finally coming to life was enough.

I turned to Kyungsoo who seemed pleased as well. After Chanyeol and I lost contact, Kyungsoo and I became okay again. We never talked about his confession and remained great friends.

The leading man was a lot like Chanyeol. He was tall and handsome. He had this strong and confident aura. I couldn't help but smile. The couple looked great. They really did a great job with the casting.

The director looked professional and trust-worthy. Kyungsoo said that he did great movies before so he was the perfect choice.

"I don't plan on changing anything on the book. I have read it and I love it. I want to stick to it" The director told me after we introduced ourselves. I smiled and nodded, "Thank you. This book was close to my heart."

After the introduction, we started the script reading. The director wanted them to do the break-up scene to see their chemistry.

While we were doing the script reading, I noticed that Chanyeol wasn't there. After all, he did say that he won't join the project anymore. So it wasn't like I was expecting anything from him. It was easy for him to leave me before so why would this time be any different?

We were doing the breakup scene when one of the staff entered the room. She looked like she ran from a long way.

"Sir! We have an emergency"

The one handling the project was the Vice President named Chen. He immediately stood up and head to the woman.

I was near the door so I could hear their conversation.

"What happened?" Chen asked. His tone was a mixture of worry and fear.

"Chanyeol was taken to the hospital. The doctor said that his condition worsened."

I suddenly dropped my pencil.