Present Time

"Do what?" He asked with a low tone. His eyes seemed tired and I honestly don't know what to do the more I look at him.

I took a deep breath. "Whatever it is that you wanted to happen when you entered my life again."

Chanyeol looked down, "I don't want you to do it because I'm sick, Baek. I don't want your sympathy."

"No. Do it for me. You owe me 3 years. You removed 3 years of what could've made us happy because of your selfishness."

Chanyeol turned to me in surprise. My heart was racing and I knew that this was a terrible idea but I also knew that it was the right thing to do. I wanted to join his journey even if it meant being with him for the remaining days of his life.

"Okay. I'm sorry."

As we agreed, I stayed with him throughout the day. I explained the situation to Kyungsoo and even if I know he didn't agree with my decision, he understood me. He made a hum sound as I told him I would stay. I wasn't sure if there was a deeper meaning behind it, but I didn't want to stress myself anymore.

If there was one thing I promised him, it would be this, "When I come back, I will start my new book."

While Chanyeol was sleeping, his doctor knocked on the door. I opened it to greet the doctor. He started checking Chanyeol while the latter was still sound asleep. It still amazed me how Chanyeol could sleep so soundly even if there were noises around.

"I didn't expect that this would happen. He looked healthy these past few months." The doctor suddenly said.

I turned to the doctor in curiosity. "What do you think happened?"

The doctor paused a bit then turned to me. "Usually, when patients are ready to let go, their body gives up. Chanyeol fought for a long time and this was the first time his body gave up."

I could feel my tears pile up in my eyes. "Do.. do you think how many months are left?"

The doctor looked down. "I'd say a week or a month maximum. His whole body started to weaken the moment he came here. I tried giving him the usual shots. If these didn't work, I'm not sure if he can last for another 6 months or a year."

The tears started falling from my eyes. The doctor patted my back before leaving the room.

I looked at Chanyeol and remembered the harsh words I told him these past few weeks. I walked up to him and slowly held his head. In an instant, my tears started to fall.