Chapter 1- The Brat

I am Avery Phoebe Wilson, 26 years old. I finished my Masters in Business and Management in one of the prestigious schools in UK.

I am a straight A student.

I manage my Uncle Harris Williams' businesses and one of his businesses includes Event Planning.

He is the youngest brother of my mom.

My Mom is Alice Williams.
My mom came from a rich family.

Her eldest brother is Uncle Silas Williams who is living in Mexico with his family. He has five children and all of them are boys.

Well, you already knew about my Uncle Harris.

My mom died when I was three years old because she had an ovarian cancer.

I never met my father because Uncle Harris told me that he left me when my mom died.

He never mentioned my father's name and he never told me anything about him.

What kind of human being will ever leave an innocent child?

Maybe he wasn't human after all.

So heartless...

I don't even care who or where he is but I want him to know about me.

I want him to know that I exist even without him.

My friends and other people told me that I am just a stupid, stubborn and a spoiled brat.

I love trouble.

I love putting myself in danger.

Maybe I am really a difficult person to deal with that's why my uncle never had a family of his own because he told me that before my mom died, he promised her that he'll act as my second father.

I never felt alone because he was always there to support me and mind you, he always bailed me out of jail.

The policemen already knew me because I've been at the police station a lot of times.

I'm into street racing.

My car is a red Ford Mustang Shelby GT35OR.

Très vite is my car's name.

It is my partner for 5 years ever since I started racing.

Très vite means very fast in french.

I'm neither a drug addict nor a dealer. I'm not a gang member.

I just love racing because it gives me the feeling of freedom and excitement.

Who knows, my father would appear in front of me one day when I joined the illegal street racing.

Dylan Miles Lucas  is a son of a powerful business tycoon, Lorenzo Lucas.

Dylan is the organizer of the illegal races and he is unbeatable in the male division but I'm proud to say that I'm also undefeated.

One Friday night, I challenged Dylan to race with me.

A huge amount of money is at stake.

I approached Dylan and his group.

I was wearing a black crop top shirt paired with a ripped jeans and a black rubber shoes.

I told him that I'll bet my hard earned $100,000.

He said, "Why are you challenging me babe? Do you have a death wish?"

I answered, "Nah! I just want to have fun and play."

He agreed and gave me a confident gaze and an annoying smirk.

I walked towards my car.

When I entered my car,
I said, "Hey, Très vite, let's do this buddy!"

I rev the engine.

I slightly pulled in front of Dylan's car and I rolled down my window and I said, "Are you ready to lose?"

He gave me a game face on look.

This man will surely make it difficult for me to beat him.

The sexy lady in front of us signalled that we should start the race and she counted upto three and waved the small flag.

We both stepped hard on the gas and we were both determined to win  tonight.

Unfortunately, I lost the game by two seconds.

That was a close fight.

I went out of my car and said to Dylan, "I'll give you your money tomorrow night at the nearest bar named  Fortune Bar. Meet me at around 7 pm."

He answered, "It was a nice game babe. I'll see you tomorrow!"

I called Isla as soon as I reached our house.

My best friend Isla always supported me with my addiction to the race but she also warned me because I am playing fire with dangerous people.

We usually communicate before the race and then I update her as soon as I finished the race.

I told Isla about the bet and she said with a disappointed voice, "Avery, you didn't only lose your money but you also lose your damn mind! Dylan is not an easy target like the other racers!"

I answered, "Don't worry, I'll just have to give him the money at the bar tomorrow night so whether you like it or not, you should accompany me ok?"

She was hesitant at first but in the end she  gave me a sarcastic answer, "Ok fine! The things I do for my best friend!"

I took a shower first and then I ate  ham and cheese sandwich and my uncle made me a hot chocolate.

Uncle Harris said, "How's the game Av?"

I answered, "I just had a deal with the devil uncle!"

He said, "Oh my favorite niece! What did you do? You'll end up broke because of that race!"

I smiled and said, "Oh shut up uncle, I'm not your favorite niece! You have no choice because I'm your only niece and yeah I guess I'll be broke for a while after what I did!"

He uttered, "I don't care if you're broke as long as you don't get caught again. I'm tired of bailing you out of the police station."

I answered, "Yeah! Whatever!"

He kissed my forehead and said, "Goodnight my princess!"

I smiled at him and said, "Sweet Dreams Uncle!"

He is more than a father to me. He is also like a mother when comes to giving me advices.

I love Uncle Harris!

Uncle Silas is also close to me but he's the type that would unleash hell for me.

On the other hand, Uncle Harris is more diplomatic.

I still have to work on my Uncle's company tomorrow.

My office is just a fifteen minute walk from our house.