Chapter 5- Sin

(Avery's point of view)

A week passed by after having a hot encounter with a stranger at the bar.

It's good that I won't be seeing him again.

It's such a shame that I used him so that I could escape from Dylan's plan.

I do not regret kissing him.

What's his name again?

Yeah, I remember, it's Sin...Sinclair!

What a beautiful name!

When I kissed Sin, I gave in to temptation.

Having that kiss is the kind of sin that I would do again and again.

It doesn't matter if his taken or not.

I'm a sinner!

I've met a lot of men, mostly handsome, rich and arrogant but Sin is one of a kind.

Why? I just feel the connection and the chemistry between us even for a while.

His embrace made me feel safe.

When his arms were wrapped around my waist, I became tachycardic.

Hey, I have to bring myself back to reality!

It's time to take a bath and I have to sort a lot of things in the office.

I will also have to talk to Uncle Harris about my deal with Dylan.

After shower, we had our breakfast.

I stopped drinking my black coffee and said, "Uncle Harris, I'm sorry for not being totally honest with you."

He said, "Are you in trouble sweetheart?"

I answered, "No uncle! It's just that,
I had a deal with Dylan and..."

He interrupted me and said, "W...what? A deal with Dylan Miles Lucas? Oh! what were you thinking?"

I uttered, "Well, he refused to get my money!"

Uncle Harris replied, "B...but he wanted you instead right?"

I said, "Yeah, It's kinda like that!"

Uncle implied, "Be careful, Dylan is not the type of person to mess with!"

I answered, "I told him that I have a boyfriend!"

He said, "Oh! You also put that poor fake boyfriend of yours in trouble."

I said, "What made you think that I don't have a REAL boyfriend?"

He answered confidently, "We've been together since your mom died so I know if you're being honest or not.
I know that you never had a boyfriend."

I said, "Ouch! I  know that I'm not attractive to guys so you're right uncle! I'm screwed! Dylan might be haunting for my fake boyfriend now."

He sincerely said, "I hope you know how to fix your problem sweetheart and you are attractive because you got your looks from your mom."

I replied, "I'll figure something out uncle and I wish my mom is here!"

Uncle Harris hugged me.

After few minutes, I went to the office.

I checked some of the events that we organized and everything went according to plan.

Isla called me and said, "Hey Av, can we go to the Fortune Bar tonight?"

I said, "Oh geez, Not again!"

Isla insisted but I refused.

When I reached our house, I went straight to the kitchen to have a light dinner then I took a shower and then I went to bed.

I fell asleep at an instant.

After few hours, Isla was blowing up my phone. I said, "Damn Isla!
It's 2 in the morning! You should've a better explanation for bothering me."

Someone answered in a soft voice saying, "Hello! I got your number from Isla's phone. Your number appeared first in her speed dial so I thought you're close. She's drunk and I brought her in our penthouse."

I answered, "You better not take advantage of her or else I'll hurt you when I see you!"

He said, "Oh so feisty! I like it but I'm already attracted to your friend!"

I replied, "You better treat her right because if you're a douchebag, I'll break your balls!"

Then I heard a familiar voice saying, "S...sorry Av, w...we just had a lot of f..fun t...tonight. I met Axel and we clicked so I'm here in their penthouse."

I uttered, "Don't give me too much information about your idea of fun.
I just want you to be careful ok?"

Isla answered, "O...ok! Byeee!"

Gosh! I never thought that Isla could manage to go to the bar and get intoxicated alone.

(Sin's point of view)

I was called by a client and he wanted to meet me.

I told him that I'm on my one month vacation so he should wait until my break is over.

Axel is pestering me all day because he wanted to go to the Fortune Bar,
I told him that I am reviewing some of the information that I gathered for my clients.

One client was asking me to look for a certain someone but I told him that I will just update him soon.

After few hours of spending my whole day reading records of clients, reviewing my missions and watching news, I finally decided to sleep.

Axel told me before going out of the penthouse, "If I'm lucky tonight,
I might take a woman with me and we'll have fun."

I answered, "Why can't you just keep it in your pants  even for few days?"

Axel uttered, "Come on Sin, you're not a saint. What made you change?
Is it the hot chick from the bar?"

I replied, "Of course not! I'm just not in the mood to have your kind of fun tonight!"

Then he left.

I don't know what had happened to me because after that one special night with that woman, I never bothered to look for another woman.

I fell asleep immediately but I was awakened by Axel and a woman who arrived at around 1 o'clock in the morning.

Both of them were intoxicated.

They were laughing and singing and they had fun so I guess you know what I mean. Then I heard Axel talking to someone over the phone.

He mentioned that he's with her friend so I guess Axel was talking to somebody who is close to the woman whom he brought to our penthouse.

Axel was on loudspeaker so I heard the woman's voice.

Her voice sounds familiar as I listened to their conversation. I just feel that I know the person whom Axel is talking to.

I should just go back to sleep and I know that Axel can handle any woman.