Chapter 30- Beginning of our Journey

(Avery's point of view)

It's been six months after the surprise wedding.

Sin has always been understanding and sweet especially now that I have mood swings and unlimited cravings.

I always ask him for different flavors of ice cream but I always end up chewing ice chips because I feel queasy.

I asked for Isla's help to accompany me because I have an appointment with my OBGYN.

After few minutes, Sin kissed me and told me that he'll be staying late in his office because he will be studying his new cases.

After my doctor's appointment, we went to my dad's house.

We've been visiting my mom's grave since a week after the wedding.

We've been sharing our stories as if mom was there listening to us.

We had our dinner at my dad's house then he drove me back to our house.

Yes, Sin and I were already staying in our own house but sometimes I sleep at my uncle's and dad's house especially when Sin was on a mission.

His job was more on paperwork and strategies to solve a mission because he was promoted.

He's now one of the senior and head agents.

I prepared a simple dinner for my husband.

When he arrived, he was surprised!

"Happy Birthday Mr. Danger! My loving husband!" then I kissed him.

He said, "You don't have to do all these mon amour, you're my complete meal, from appetizer to dessert."

I answered, "I want to make my husband happy!"

He said, "I will be forever grateful to have you as my wife!"

I gave him a small box with a blue ribbon.

He opened it and then he kissed me while saying, "You never fail to amaze me mon amour, I love you so much!"

"I'm on my 14th week of pregnancy, I thought I'm just getting fat because I ate a lot but it's because I'm feeding a little peanut you know?"

After our dinner he carried me to bed.

He massage me from head to toe.

I said, "I should be the one doing the massage for you because you're tired from work."

"I won't let anything happen to you and our little peanut mon amour!"

Hearing those words from him made me realize how lucky I am.

I didn't expect to have my own family
but I promise that I won't have the same path like my parents had.

After waiting for forty weeks, our peanut was finally here with us.

We named him Dustin Danger.

Dustin means a valiant warrior.

We wanted him to survive all the challenges that he might encounter in his journey.

As his parents, we'll do our best to protect him.

Isla visits Dustin almost everyday.

She's the best godmother in the world.

She treats Dustin as her own.

Axel and Isla were trying to have a baby for a long time but unfortunately, the time hasn't yet come but we pray that in God's time, they will also be blessed with a child.

My dad stayed here with us as soon as I gave birth because he said the he doesn't like to miss a day without his grandson.

So what happened to his mansion?

He sold it because he wanted to start a new life with us.

My dad decided to make me his partner in his company so I was working with my Uncle Harris' and dad's company.

Tiring right? But they always got my back.

They guide and teach me all the things that I needed to know.

My Uncle Harris and his assistant Felisha also got married a month ago so my uncle is not alone in his house anymore.

He told me that Felisha is caring and loving and not after his money so he decided to marry her.

If you're going to ask me what my life would have been without Sin?

I might've stayed as an illegal racer.

Racing is my first love and it made me get through the loneliness I had while growing without my parents.

However, racing was also the Lord's way so that our paths will cross.

Sinclair Harvey Danger, the kind of sin and danger that I thought I would never have.

I'm just a stranger who fell in love with him.

Destiny has its own way to make two people meet.

I don't like a womanizer like him.

But he changed for me.

I don't really believe that people change.

Once you're addicted to something like playing around and having fun with other girls, it will be part of your system.

An addiction that is hard to resist.

In our case, Sin really proved to me that people do change.

Change is inevitable.

I told him that I'll put a bullet in between his eyes if he dared to look at any woman with such hunger besides me.

Do I know how to use a gun?
Of course not but Sin doesn't know that because I was fond of cleaning his gun in our cabinet and I even sprayed them with my favorite perfume when I was pregnant.

But after giving birth, I told him to lock the cabinets and place his guns somewhere that I'm not aware of.

Sin is a very good father and a husband.

We also decided to go out and have some alone time once a week so that we can relax.

Dustin sleeps in my dad's room because as soon as he hear Dustin cry, he's there to carry him at an instant.

Daddy told me that it's his way to patch up with the lost time when he left.

Poor daddy, he still feels guilty after all these years.

I told him that we should move forward and leave the past behind.

This is just the beginning of our journey.

It's been a rollercoaster ride but in the end, I finally had the complete family that I was waiting for.

May our story be an inspiration and I advise you to go and take the risk but with the right person in God's perfect time.