Chapter 3- The Fortune Bar

(Avery's point of view)

I went to the Fortune Bar to meet Dylan.

I asked my best friend Isla to accompany me.

Tonight, I will give my $100,000 to Dylan because he won the race.

Even if I'm going to be broke for few weeks, Isla and I managed to dress in a party mode.

We might as well have fun tonight and drink my worries away and to keep my mind off of things because of my reckless actions.

We arrived at around 6:50 in the evening and I'll be meeting Dylan at 7.

The bar was starting to be crowded.

After few more minutes, a waiter called us and guided us to go to a private room.

When we entered the private room,
I saw Dylan with his 4 other friends.

There are three men and one woman is sitting on one of the men's lap

Dylan said, "Can you ask your friend to go outside and get whatever drink she wanted?"

I looked at Isla and she already got the idea that Dylan wanted to talk to me without her listening to our conversation.

Dylan also signalled his friends to go out for few minutes and they followed him like a trained puppy at an instant.

I was holding a black bag and as soon as Dylan's friend went out of the private room, I gave him the bag.

I said, "That's your $100,000 in cold cash!"

Then I turned my back as fast as I could but since I'm small I have to make five steps away from Dylan while Dylan is 6 foot tall so his arms immediately reached me by just doing a single step.

He uttered, "Uh! uh!Not so fast my princess!"

He was giving me a tight grip on my left arm.

I was trying to remove my hand while saying, Hey Dude! You already have my money! I guess you don't need me anymore!"

He gave me an electrifying look from head to toe while saying, "I don't need your money! The deal has changed.
I want you!"

I won't deny that this man in front of me is really gorgeous. His mere presence made me nervous and his pink grapefruit and Calabrian bergamot scent made him extremely desirable.

He wrapped his strong arms around my waist and said, "I want you Avery Phoebe Wilson!"

Dylan is attractive but even if he looks perfect, I still don't want to involve myself to a playboy let alone a powerful man with illegal activities.

I am already in so much trouble by joining the races but getting myself into Dylan's world is not the type of adventure and danger that I want to have.

His hands from my waist were finding their way inside my clothes trying to feel the skin underneath it.

I tried my best to push him as hard as I could while saying, "D*mn you Dylan! I'm not here to be your toy tonight, I just want to give you the money!"

He answered, "Tell me that you don't want me princess and I'll stop."

I said, "You're so full of yourself Dylan, not all women fall for your charms!"

I just blabbered on and on and suddenly I said, "I don't want to cheat on my boyfriend, he's waiting for me outside!"

Dylan gave me a confused look and said, "Are you sure that your boyfriend is outside? Let's go! I want to meet him!"

WTF did I just said? I don't even have a boyfriend!

So I decided to go to a random guy outside. God bless my soul for dealing with the Devil.

I said, "Come on Dylan! I'll introduce you to my boyfriend!"

I ran outside and I bumped into a 6 ft 3 inches tall man wearing a blue shirt and a denim pants.

His shirt was hugging his sculptured body.

He has a Greek god physique.

His face is like Adonis, very enticing.

I said, "Hey can I get your name?"

He answered, "Whoa! You're fast Belle Femme (Beautiful Lady in French)!"

I pinched his right cheek and whispered, "Tell me your f*cking name and just play along!"

He replied, "S...Sin! My name is Sinclair!"

I whispered while holding his left hand, "Sin, please help me! You don't have to say anything!"

Dylan came closer and said, "So Princess, Is he really your boyfriend? What's his name?"

I answered confidently, "Y...yes! He is my boyfriend. His name is Sin...Sinclair!"

Dylan said, "I've seen you a lot of times during our races from evening until dawn but I've never seen your boyfriend with you there Princess!"

Sin interrupted our conversation and said, "Is this man bothering you my belle femme?"

There was really tension between Dylan and Sin so the next thing that I did was I kissed Sinclair in front of Dylan.

He was hesitant at first and I was just expecting a simple kiss but then he opened his mouth and deepened the kiss and we both were caught up in the moment.

I crossed my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

Dylan uttered, "Enough of this sh*t show! I'm not done with you Princess!"

Dylan was pissed and I know that I should not be attending the up coming races because I'm afraid to deal with an upset and jealous Dylan.

As soon as Dylan stormed off, I ran and called Isla then we went home.

I never had the chance to talk to that stranger but I already have enough drama for just one night.

I know that I won't see that attractive stranger again.

When we were in the car, Isla said, "What was that stunt you pulled at the bar?"

So I told her everything about Dylan wanting to have me instead of the money. I still have the money because Dylan refused to take it.

Should I be happy or thankful? Nah! Because Dylan gets what Dylan wants.

And that scares me a lot. Dylan is powerful. I don't know if I could escape him.

I knew that he liked me because he was giving me hints everytime I appear at the races but tonight he confirmed it by being jealous with my fake boyfriend.