Chapter 21- A key

(Avery's point of view)

It was a beautiful morning. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and went straight to the kitchen.

Oh! Mr. Andre and Sin are still here.

I thought that everything that I discovered yesterday were just a dream.

" Good Morning!" and then I smiled and waved.

I don't know what to say.

Sin came closer and said, "Let's have our breakfast then I'll wait for you to prepare because we are going out mon amour!"

"Where are we going?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

After few minutes, Mr. Andre told me that he'll be traveling back to London.

He said that we will talk again as soon as I'm ready to open up and let him in.

I nodded in agreement and I just told him to have a safe travel.

I'm disappointed with my dad but I couldn't bear the thought that mom deprived me from having a dad.

Did she really cheated or it was just her way to push my dad away so that dad won't know about her illness?

Dad should've stayed during those dark times that mom and I were suffering.

The time has come. Sin held my hand and took me in a breath taking park.

It is filled with fresh flowers and he prepared a basket of snacks and fruits.

I haven't seen this side of Sin.

So sweet and it made me want to jump his bones.

I said, "Are you doing all these just for me to forgive you for flirting with that Celine?"

"Hey! Are we still not over that jealousy thing?" Sin gazed at me with a smirk on his face.

He said, "How many times will I tell you that my heart and soul belongs to you?"

"I don't simply believe in sweet  words, I want you to show me that you really mean it!"

In a split second, we were lying on the picnic mat and he was on top of me.

I said, "Get off of me! We're in a public place so behave Danger!"

"You really know how to push my buttons mon amour!"he whispered.

He kissed me as if we owned the park.

I was so enchanted with his dreamy eyes. I gave in so I kissed him back.

"Screw the others and let's enjoy the moment", those were the words that I heard from him then I felt like there were no other people around.

I took my time to look at the surroundings and yes there were no people around.

I asked, "Sin, it's just the two of us here in the park."

He answered, "Yeah! I pulled some strings to make this happen!"

I replied, "B...but how?"

He said, "Ssshh let's continue were we left off mon amour."

After an hour, we decided to eat our snacks and we talked about what had happened when I left.

Before we finally pack our things, he gave me a small box tied with a red ribbon.

I said, "You're not proposing right? Cause this is a weird way of doing it."

Sin answered, "Just open it mon amour!"

I opened the box excitedly and I uttered, "W...why are you giving me this?What is this for?"

He said, "Happy Birthday Mon Amour!"

Tears rolled down from my face.
I was so surprised.

"H...how did you know?" I gave him an intense look.

He replied, "Well, I have my ways and I researched a lot about you!"

I opened his present and it's a car key.

I said, "So where is my car?"

Sin replied, "Let's go back to London tomorrow and you'll see your new car."

I answered, "I'm not gonna replace my Très Vite(my fast car's name)!"

"I just know that you love cars that's why I bought one as a birthday present but I don't expect you to change your beloved car."

That being said, this man is something else. He really did his research about me.

When my mom died, I asked my Uncle Harris to stop celebrating my birthday.

Without my parents to celebrate with me, it doesn't feel right.

We went home and to my surprise, Uncle Harris was there with Uncle Silas and his family.

We had fun reminiscing about the past and we enjoyed our dinner.

(Sin's point of view)

I packed a few snacks and fruits just to let Avery feel that she is special.

Today is her 27th birthday.

Knowing her father is a perfect gift but I have to make my girl happy in my own way.

When we went to the park, she was surprised and she didn't have a slight idea why we were there.

This woman stopped celebrating her birthday because for her, there's no  point of celebrating when her parents were not around to celebrate with her.

She forgot that there are people who cares and loves her.

She forgot that I want to be part of her life and that from now on, I'll be with her to celebrate each passing year.

Because of my connections, I was able to use the park's picnic ground so that I could set up.

Few people were there but as soon as we arrived they left the park.

We had a steamy moment at the park but it just involved kissing.

The moment I gave her the small box, her pupils dilated in excitement.

I know that she is fond of cars so I bought her a red 2020 Koenigsegg Regera.

It's the same with my car, mine is black and hers is red.

I can't wait to see her drive her new car.

When we went home, she was stunned that her Uncle Harris was also there.

I'm so happy for my girl.

Yes! My girl, my mon amour!

I already told his uncles about my intentions for her.

Her uncles told me that if I made her cry, I'll be considered as a deadman walking.

They really love their niece.

So it's official. She's finally my girlfriend.

I hope I was making the right decision and I'm sure she'll be the next target of the people involved in the cases that I'm trying to solve.

I have to be more careful and I will do everything to keep her safe.