Chapter 11- Romantic

(Avery's point of view)

I was so surprised when somebody delivered a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates in my office.

I have suitors but they never tried to impress me by giving me the classic flowers and chocolates.

Some of them showed me their luxurious cars, some of them took me to their big houses and some of them took me to a fancy restaurant and offered me the most expensive wine.

I believe that Sin is a rich man.

His car is a Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita which is worth 3.7 million pounds.

I don't even know what he does for a living but having a car like that would definitely mean that he's loaded.

Isla told me that Axel and Sin live in a luxurious penthouse.

I couldn't even afford to have my own penthouse by just working at the office and by racing.

My car was given by Uncle Harris as a gift during my eighteenth birthday.

He taught me how to drive when I was 10. I'm spoiled rotten by my uncle who believed that he has to be a father figure to me.

I'll be forever thankful for him.

I do have my savings that was being handled by my uncle because I tend to be impulsive.

Challenging Dylan and betting my $100,000 is impulsiveness.

My Uncles are rich but I am not.

After few hours, Sin asked me to have a dinner with him.

I knew he has a girlfriend.

That's what Isla told me.

We were just going out as friends.

Sin sent me a message to wear comfortable clothes.

So I wore a red shirt and my favorite jeans.

After few minutes, Sin picked me up and we travelled for two hours.

We went to a private beach resort.

A basket of food and a bottle of wine was prepared at the shore and we sat while staring at the setting sun.

I find this romantic because no one dared to take me out and prepared something as lovely as this.

I asked, "Sin, what do you think you are doing? A friend wouldn't exert a lot of effort such as this. You have a girlfriend!"

He answered, "I've been wanting to tell you about that a lot of times. I do not have a girlfriend! Can't a man like me go out with a pretty woman like you as friends?"

It's good to know that he isn't in a relationship because I don't want to break someone's heart.

I said, "Isla told me that she saw you with a woman at your living room."

He uttered, "Well, I'm a man with physical needs."

I answered, "Ugh! I knew it! You're a player huh?"

He said, "Enough about me! We're here to get to know each other. I don't do relationship and I stopped seeing other women because you always cross my damn mind."

I implied, "So you mean you're thinking of me huh? I know that I'm really annoying."

After few hours, we decided to go home.

We had fun and we enjoyed our dinner.

He planted soft kisses on my forehead.

My mind kept telling me that I should not put my guard down.

I do not really know Sin's intentions but being his friend would be a good start.

I took a shower and fell asleep easily.

When I woke up in the morning, Uncle Harris was already in the dining area eating his breakfast and the first thing he said was, "I saw a car parked outside while you were entering the front door. Is that your boyfriend? Did you enjoy your date? I'll punch him if he knocked you up!"

I answered, "Ugh! Too many questions uncle. Can I have my breakfast first?"

After breakfast, I told him everything that happened last night.

I told my uncle that I am always careful and I'm not yet ready to give my  v-card.

He said, "Invite that man tonight for dinner so that I can ask him about his intentions. What is his name?"

I replied, "His name is Sinclair Harvey Danger and we're just friends so we don't need to invite him for dinner."

Uncle insisted.

Who am I to disobey my uncle?

I called Sin and I told him about the dinner.

(Sin's point of view)

I don't know what to feel when Avery called me and invited me for dinner  with her uncle.

I'll be damned if his uncle asked me to marry her.

I've never met any family member of the girls that I used to be intimate with.

No! I don't call it intimacy, more on lust and just a physical need.

Am I willing to do the 'meet the uncle' kind of thing?

Well, we can always say that we're just friends.

I can feel the connection between me and Avery.

But I can't say that I want a relationship with her. It's too soon.

After few hours, it's time to go to Avery's house.

His Uncle Harris was very accommodating and we went straight to the dining area.

While waiting for the foods to be prepared, we talked about her uncle's businesses and he also asked about my job and my family.

After few minutes, Avery entered the dining area with a braided hair.

She was wearing denim shorts, white crop top and on top is a blue apron.

She was carrying a baked lasagna.

She looked more delicious than the lasagna.

She placed it on top of the table.

She said, "I'll take a shower first before we eat."

His uncle nodded in agreement.

My brain said, "I want to join you in your shower!"

Her uncle was telling me something but I couldn't comprehend it because my thoughts were with Avery.

Seeing her made me want to do a lot of things to her.

Maybe this dinner is not a bad idea after all.

It will make me understand Avery and his uncle even more.

This is a new feeling for me.