Chapter 10- Flowers and Chocolates

(Sin's point of view)

I watched Avery sleep as I wrapped my arms around her. I planted soft kisses on her forehead, not that I wanted to take advantage of her but I just feel like doing it.

I care for her.

I never knew that I'll meet someone as strong and free spirited like her.

Why would her uncle even allow her to get out at night?

This woman is f*ckin' perfect in all angles. Her driving skills made me want to think that she's indeed an expert.

The thought of someone hurting her made my blood boil.

Seeing her fight with that creep made me want her more.

I've been with lots of women, of different shapes and sizes but they were purely physical and all acted like an arm candy.

Avery is unique, independent and a kind of woman who doesn't care what others would say. She's not even aware how gorgeous she is.

She dropped me at the bar's parking lot so that I could get my car.

She didn't even looked at me and she never bid goodbye.

I'll see you again soon my beautiful Avery.

When I reached our penthouse, I went straight to my bathroom and took a shower.

I thought I would end the night without seeing Avery because I've been longing to see her and I won't regret staying late at the bar whilst controlling myself to get laid with a random chick.

She's worth it.

I surfed the net to check who Avery Phoebe Wilson is.

The spy skills in me sets off.

So I'm dealing with a niece of a rich business tycoon, Harris Williams who is the owner of WCORP.

Her mother died when she was three and her father left her.

Damn! She might be rebellious because of his dad leaving her.

Or maybe she is searching for her dad too that's why she's always getting herself in trouble, to catch his attention.

I wish I could help her but she didn't even ask for my help.

After gathering information about Avery, Axel knocked at my door and said, "Come on Sin, breakfast is ready!"

I answered, "Whoa! I won't need a wife as long as you stay with me and prepare me breakfast everyday!"

Axel replied, "F*ck you Sin! I always cook our breakfast because you don't want to hire a helper to cook for us and your cooking skills sucks."

I uttered, "Do you think that somebody will like to cook for us if they will caught you with a woman doing the nasty in the kitchen?"

He said, "W...what? I never did inappropriate things in our kitchen?"

I answered, "Well, I saw you naked with someone while you were putting a whipped cream on her chest in our kitchen counter last month!"

He answered, "You pervert! I told you to stay in your room when I'm with my woman."

I answered, "You can't blame me for being thirsty. I had to get water from our kitchen because I don't have one in my room."

He said, "Just buy a freaking water dispenser and never get out when I'm with someone."

I answered, "What if I don't like to spend my money with just a water dispenser?"

He replied, "Ok I'll buy you one later."

I teased him by saying, "What if you bought me a water dispenser but I still want to get water from the kitchen while you were playing?"

He said, "For f*ck sake, let's just eat our breakfast."

I said, "I'm just messing with you!"

While eating our breakfast I asked Axel how Isla and Avery met and he told me that they were childhood friends.

Axel has been a good boy when he met Isla and they were dating now but did not yet put a label in their relationship.

Isla is like a female version of Axel.

Axel told me that they both wanted to take things slow because they don't want to be tied in a relationship.

I called Avery and she told me that she'll be working the whole day and she's going to be home late.

I will send her flowers and chocolates.

I'm not the romantic type but with Avery, I just want to put a smile on her face.

Is Avery the kind of woman who fancies flowers and chocolates?

I don't even know but I still have to try.

I called the best flower shop in the city to send the flowers at WCORP and I bought all the chocolates that I read from the net that are rated as top 10 chocolates that woman liked.

What am I even doing?

I never did this to any woman even to my mom.

I'll just tell her that I wanted to thank her for taking me to her favorite spot last night.

I'm having a soft spot with Avery.

I hope I won't put her life in danger by letting her enter my world.

Who am I kidding? My name speaks for itself. My Family name is Danger so I will indeed put her in danger.

What if I will just follow what she wanted, for us to be Strangers?

I don't think I could do that.

Not anymore.

She had me wrapped around her little finger but I won't let her know that.

Her presence oozes confidence and a man like me should not show a single weakness because my enemies could use it against me.

After few hours, Avery called me and said, "Hey Danger! Thanks for the flowers and chocolates?"

I answered, "Did you like it?"

She answered, "Hmmm NO!"

Why do I even think that she's the 'flower and chocolates' type of girl?

I said, "I'm sorry! I just don't know how to thank you for showing me your favorite spot last night."

Avery answered, "I mean I don't like it but I love it! I'm sweet tooth so yeah I love it and the flowers fits my office perfectly."

My disappoinment turned into excitement.

I said, "Can I take you to dinner tonight?"

She said, "Dinner? Like a date?I don't date and you have a girlfriend!"

I answered, "N...No! Just a dinner with a friend."

She said, "I don't like a fancy restaurant. So surprise me!"

I never went on a dinner with a woman aside from my mom.

Avery is not like the others who is fond of fine dining so I just have to ask Isla what she wants for a dinner.