Chapter 9- Trouble

(Sin's point of view)

My one month vacation is over and I also finished some of the cases that were assigned to me.

One client sent me pictures of his long lost daughter.

This old man really made it hard for me to search for a certain someone whose picture looked 23 yrs ago.

I have to finish the easier cases first before I can finally focus on this one because the old man is a billionaire who is willing to give me a large amount of money.

He has bars, hotels and restaurants so I was given the privilege to go to those places for free.

Wow! The perks of being one of the best agents in the city.

When I reached the penthouse I saw Isla with Axel in the living room. These two can't keep their hands off of each other.

I'm glad that Axel finally found his constant companion, one woman who will keep his sheets warm at night and not some random girl.

I asked Isla about her bestfriend and I told her that I want to know a lot about her.

Isla said, "I don't want you to be close to my bestfriend. You already have a girlfriend and she already has a lot on her plate."

I just nodded in agreement but in my mind, I would pursue her until the ends of the earth.

I never stopped hanging out at the bar every night to search for a woman who can help me relieve stress from work.

I tried so hard to forget my beautiful stranger but only her gives me the chills and butterflies in my stomach by simply replying on my text messages.

Yes, I sent her text messages everyday just to ask how her day went and I also wanted to know her whereabouts.

I arrived at around 9 in the evening at the bar.

After few shots of vodka, all women who were heading towards me looked like my pretty stranger.

Am I really drank? Damn! What is this woman doing to me?

I called her and said, "Hey stranger! Are you busy? I just want to see you tonight pretty please?"

She answered, "I'll take a rain check. I'm in the middle of something. You can call your girlfriend! Bye!"

Sh*t! I don't have a girlfriend! I have to explain to her. I need to see her.

Few drinks later, there was a commotion at the bar.

The bar was crowded and the guards were nowhere to be found.

I went to check what was happening near the exit of the bar.

I was stunned with what I saw. Standing in front of a drank, tall and  big built man is a petite pretty lady who looked pissed.

(Avery's point of view)

This past few days, Sin has been sending me text messages. He's not flirting but more on the caring type of messages.

I knew I should not get involve with him because I don't want him to cheat on his girlfriend or I don't want to be  the reason of their arguments.

I was in the middle of the race when he called.

He told me that he wanted to see me but the race will be finished by twelve midnight.

As usual, I won the race.

It's good that Dylan went out of the country.

After the race, I went to the nearest bar and it's almost one in the morning.