Chapter 10

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is still October 16, 2020. Wow, two updates in one day? That's awesome! By the way, I wanted to thank everyone for the immense support and love that they have shown me. I'm going through a bit of a rough patch, but I know that I'm extremely loved every time I log into Wattpad. I'm really thankful for you and my mental health would probably be shit without y'all. 

Y/n drives beside the girls through the rain. Max works on her bike to keep up with her. Eleven clings to the back of the wet bike. Finally, Eleven points to a fancy illuminated house. "Here."

Y/n pulls over, the girls following suit. They walk up the stairs. "Is this it?" She asks.

"This is her house," El confirms.

"What?"

"Heather's house."

Y/n pales as all the possible options of what is happening run through her head. Eleven told her what she saw. It might be related to the Upside Down, but from how she described it, Billy might be cheating on her. 

Eleven opens the door and the girls step inside. Y/n surveys the lavish furniture and fussy decorations. They hear laughter and Billy's voice floats to Y/n's ears.

They find themselves in the dining room. Billy is sitting beside two elderly people. He's dressed in fancy blue polo shirt and is laughing politely.

His eyes widen and snap up to meet Y/n's. "Y/n." She freezes on the spot. Max picks up on this and starts talking.

"We didn't mean to barge in. We tried to knock, but...maybe you didn't hear us over the storm," she explains.

"I'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?" The women asks.

Billy and Y/n continue staring at each other. He has a guilty look on his face, but a numb look flashes over and suddenly his animated features return. "I'm sorry. Janet, Tom, this is my sister, Maxine, and my good friend, Y/n."

Y/n eyes widen in shock and anger. Good friend? What did he say? 

"What on earth are you two doing here? Is something wrong?"

Y/n shakes her head a little, snapping herself out of her trance. "We just wanted to make sure everything was okay," she says with a fake smile.

"Why wouldn't it be okay?"

"Where is she?" Eleven interjects.

"I'm sorry. Where is who?"

Heather appears from the kitchen with a baking pan. "Well, they're a little burnt, I'm sorry..." She catches Y/n's eye. The exact same thing that happened with Billy happens with her. Guilt, then numbness, then regular animated features.

Heather! This is my sister, Maxine, and my friend, Y/n," Billy says. He turns to El. "And, I'm sorry, I did not quite catch your name."

She glares at him. "El."

"El," he repeats. "Now, what is it you were saying, El? You were looking for somebody?"

She looks around. "I... I saw... I saw you..."

Y/n sees where this is going, so she cuts in. "Your manager. At the pool. He said you guys didn't come in to work today, so we got worried."

"Heather wasn't feeling so hot today, so we thought we'd take the day of to nurse her back to health. But you're feeling just fine right now, aren't you, Heather?" He explains.

She nods in agreement. "I'm feeling so much better. Do you girls want a cookie? They're fresh out of the oven."

Y/n glares at her. "No, we're find. We just wanted to make sure that you were okay. That's all."

"Well, I appreciate that, Y/n," Billy says, almost with a hint of menace in his voice.

"We'll be on our way," Y/n says, ushering the girls out. When they are on the steps and the girls are mounting the bike again, Y/n turns and looks at Billy, who is watching from the window.

A flicker of guilt flashes through his eye. She shakes her head and climbs on her bike, driving away after the girls.

\--/

Y/n quietly walks through the neighborhood, finding Heather's house again. Sneaking around the side, she comes up to the window into the dining room. She sees mouths moving, but can't pick anything up. 

Janet knocks over her glass of wine onto the tablecloth and Tom says something in response.

She excuses herself from the table, but when she gets into the living room, she collapses. Y/n gasps. 

Tom stands up and walks after her. Heather grabs the wine bottle and calmly walks after them. Billy takes out some sort of bottle and cloth and douses the cloth in a liquid. 

Heather slams the wine bottle against Tom's head. Y/n gasps and slaps a hand over her mouth. He falls to the ground. 

Billy walks over to Heather and hands her the cloth. She stamps her heeled foot into his back and grabs his hair. She mutters something in his ear and clamps the cloth over his airways.

Y/n sees Billy smiling at her. Y/n lets out a little scream. He whips around and she ducks into the bushes. When the coast is clear, she runs into the night.