Chapter 32

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is November 13, 2020. Things are slowing down because we are having a MASSIVE time skip. 

1987

Y/n looks around her old room. Everything is packed up, except for the dresser and bed. All the posters, makeup, clothes, and little keepsakes, are packed up in boxes. Steve walks in, holding little Sarah up as she struggles to walk. 

Y/n turns around and picks her up. "Hi, Little Princess!" She greets, kissing her daughter's cheek. "Hi, baby," she says, kissing Steve.

He slips his arm around her waist and looks around the room. "A lot of memories in here. Good and bad."

Y/n sighs and quickly wipes away a tear. Steve sees this and kisses her head. "Princess, we're just moving to our own house. It's still in Hawkins; it's close by."

"I know, but I grew up here, and Will's starting High School. I don't want to become dettached."

Will leans against the doorway. "You won't. You promised you'd see me often anyways. You aren't moving away away, just to another house."

Y/n turns around and hugs her brother. "You won't be lonely? Now that Nancy and Jonathan live together, as well? I mean, Mom isn't exactly your sister."

"Hey!" Joyce calls out from the other room.

"I'm gonna be okay, Y/n. This is what you want. To live with Steve and Sarah," he says.

Y/n nods, wiping the tears away. "You're right. It is what I want."

\--/

Y/n opens the door to her and Steve's new house. She looks around in awe. "After all the savings in the bank and working tireless shifts for a year, this is what I get."

Steve walks in behind her, holding Sarah. "We deserve it. It's beautiful."

Y/n beams at him and kisses Sarah on the cheek. "It is. I can't wait to unpack."

Climbing up the stairs, she pokes her head in the rooms. It's a three-bedroom, two-bathroom house. A room for her and Steve, a nursery for Sarah, and a guest bedroom. Looking into Sarah's room, she smiles, already planning for the idea she has for it.

Finally, she arrives in her and Steve's bedroom. There's a large bed, two dressers, and lots of space. Steve walks in behind her and slides his arms around her waist, kissing her neck sweetly.

\--/

Waking up the next morning in Steve's arms, she slips away from him and gets dressed for the day, wearing one of his shirts, high-waisted shorts, and her hair tied up in a bandana. Sitting down on the bed beside him, she gently shakes him awake.

"Steve. Steve, baby. Wake up, sweetheart," She coaxes.

He groans and grabs her, flipping her over and back into bed. She laughs loudly as he grins at her, his hair all messy.

While he gets ready, Y/n wakes up Sarah and makes breakfast for them. After they all eat, she puts Sarah in her playpen while Steve and Y/n set up for their main priority today: painting Sarah's nursery.

They pull out black chalkboard paint, and a soft cream color of paint. Clinking paintbrushes, they pop open the paint cans and start on the wall opposite of the crib. With large strokes, they cover it from top to bottom.

While that dries, they move onto the other walls, painting it in their soft neutral color. Steve turns to Y/n and flicks her with a spot of paint. She gasps and flicks paint back at him.

He winks at her and dips his paintbrush back, flinging a large slop of paint at her. She screams out and runs her paintbrush down the length of his face.

Soon, they break out into a paint war, throwing paint at each other and smearing their paintbrushes down each other.

After 10 minutes, they look down at their outfits and find them completely covered in paint. "We should probably shower before it dries," Y/n says, stifling laughter. 

\--/

After the walls have dried, Y/n and Steve return to the nursery to decorate the chalk wall. Scribbling on it and drawing circles, lines, and random doodles, they pull away, admiring their work.

"Oh, yes. This is amazing," Y/n says happily. 

"Very beautiful. She'll love it, and she likely won't outgrow it," Steve agrees. Heading out to the living room and dining room where all the boxes are, they assemble a bookshelf, rocking chair, and stool and carry them into the room, setting it up in their designated areas.

Grabbing the rest of the boxes for Sarah, they unpack her clothes and place bins on the bookshelf for her toys.

Finally, they finish, backing away. Y/n gasps and runs out of the room, grabbing a picture. She sets it on the bookshelf beside the rocking chair. She smiles at a picture of Billy. "There. Now it's perfect."

Steve hugs her tightly. "Yes, it is."

"