Chapter 15

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 21, 2020. Did you guys see that plot twist coming? I hope I made it kind of obvious with the throwing up and the scent of coffee making her sick. A friend of mine guessed it and I was like "...no comment". What books have you been reading? I've been reading Dune, but I've also reread some series, like Harry Potter, Land of Stories, and Hunger Games (with the newest book, Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, of course).

Y/n wipes her eyes dry as she notices the boy's looking at her oddly. The light's begin to flicker rapidly. The group looks up and begins to come together. Will's hand flies to the back of his neck. He shudders. "He's here."

Y/n leads the group through the halls, ignoring the nurse's calls to come back. They find the elevator and slam the buttons, but the doors don't open. "Stairs," she grunts. 

They fly up the stairs and throw the door open. Dead and bloody bodies litter the hallway. Blood trails cover the majority of the floor. Hearing screaming and a loud banging, Y/n runs toward the sound. Jonathan is desperately banging against a closed door with a metal canister.

"NANCY!" He screams. Her screams are heard through the door. Eleven runs to the front of the group and throws the door open.

A huge monster with multiple arms and razor sharp teeth composed of guts and blood is hovering over Nancy.

"WHAT THE FU-" Max screams, but is cut off by Eleven throwing out her arms and slaming it against the walls, ceiling, and floor, before throwing it out the window. The kids rush downstairs and Y/n runs to Nancy. "Nancy!" She screams.

Nancy is drenched with sweat. Her makeup is running and her hair is frizzed up. "Are you okay?" She nods and shakily sits up.

Y/n turns to Jonathan, who is obviously much more beaten up. "Oh, my God, Jonathan," she whispers, hugging him tightly.

They cry into each other's arms, soaked with sweat. Jonathan cups her face as he sobs. "I love you, Y/n."

"I love you, too, Jonathan."

\--/

Y/n sits on the couch in Eleven's house, sipping water to soothe the pain in her uterus. Although there is no bump, Y/n can't help but cradle her stomach. "You little asshole," she whispers to the fetus. "You aren't supposed to exist. Daddy and I will love you no matter what, but you shouldn't exist."

She smiles softly to herself. "Daddy. Billy's going to be a Daddy. And I'm going to be a Mommy." Y/n gasps. "Oh, my god, Mom is going to be grandma!"

Mike and Max are bickering in front of her, Nancy is on the phone, and Jonathan, Lucas, and Will, are sitting silently in the corner.

Max groans and walks to the boys. Mike follows. "Okay, can you guys settle an argument for us?" Max asks. "Who do you think should decide El's limits? Mike or Eleven?"

"The way that you frame that is such bullshit," Mike scoffs.

"It's not bullshit, Mike. This is your whole problem. And it's also precisely the reason why she dumped your ass," Max says.

"El dumped you?" Nancy asks.

"Yeah, because she," he points to Max, "is conspiring against me. She's corrupting her."

"No, enlightening her," she protests. "The fact is, she's not yours. She's her own person, fully capable of making her own decisions."

"She's risking her life for no reason."

"For no reason?" Y/n pipes up. "Mike, the flayed are out there doing God knows what. Killing, flaying, transforming into monsters. And El's not stupid. She knows her abilities better than any of us."

Max smiles. "Exactly, thank you. And she is her own person. With her own free will. El has saved the world twice, and Mike still doesn't trust her."

Mike scoffs. "You wanna talk about trust, really? After you made Eleven spy on us?"

"Wait, what?" Lucas asks.

"Oh, she didn't tell you this?"

"No."

"Your girlfriend used El's powers to spy on us."

"No, no, no, I did not make her," Max protests. "It was her idea. And why are we even talking about this, seriously?"

Y/n nods. "Yeah, who cares?"

"I care!" Mike exclaims.

"Yeah," Lucas agrees.

I guess girlfriends don't lie, they spy," Mike cuts.

"We were just joking around."

"Wouldn't it've been so funny if I was taking a massive shit or something?"

"You weren't."

"But what if I was?"

"Then gross!"

Seriously, Mike?" Y/n says, tired.

"I'm just trying to demonstrate how careless Max is with Eleven's powers. In fact, how careless all of you are. You're treating her like some kind of machine when she's not a machine, and I don't want her to die looking for the flayed when they've obviously vanished off the face of the Earth. So can we please just come up with a new plan because I love her and I can't lose her again!" Mike yells.

Everyone sits in stunned silence. Y/n smirks to herself and plays with her cuticles. "That's not how your Daddy told me he loved me..." she trails off when she realizes something.

Billy and Y/n have never said "I love you" to each other before.