Chapter 30

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is November 12, 2020. PLEASE REREAD THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I GOT THE SEQUENCE OF EVENTS MESSED UP!

Y/n rolls over in her bed and looks at Sarah, who is sleeping quietly in her crib beside Y/n's bed. Her golden hair has been growing quickly and she resembles Billy a lot. "I love you, sweet girl," she whispers, stroking her baby's cheek before heading into her bathroom to shower.

When she gets in the shower and is scrubbing her hair with shampoo, she gasps. "Oh! It's graduation day!" She swears, suddenly remembering that today is the day that she graduates from high school and begins her adult life with her baby and boyfriend.

After conditioning her hair and shaving, she gets out of the shower and dries off quickly. Throwing her hair up in a towel, she rubs lotion into her skin and pulls on underwear. Grabbing her dress from her closet, she lays it down on her bed.

Sarah begins crying. Y/n takes off her bra and walks over to her baby, scooping her up in her arms and rubbing her cheek. Turning Sarah, the baby latches onto her breast hungrily, drawing the milk from her as she eats.

While Sarah eats, Y/n runs her fingers over the satin fabric of her green dress. The phone in her room rings. She quickly picks it up. "Hello, Byers' residence. This is Y/n."

"Good morning, my dear graduate," Steve says from the other line.

Y/n grins. "Good morning."

"How are you doing?"

"Pretty well. Sarah's breastfeeding right now, so I'm waiting for her to finish before I get ready."

"I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait to see you, too. I can't believe I'm about to graduate. With a baby."

"The fact that that didn't set you back is amazing, Princess. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Steve." Sarah unlatches from her breast and babbles happily. Y/n sets her down against the pillows on her bed. "I'm going to get dressed, but come here in 10?"

"5."

"Alright. 5 minutes. I love you." 

"I love you, too, Princess." Hanging up the phone with a silly grin, she slips into the dress and zips it up. It hangs right at her knees and swells out, The neckline is a nice cross/sweetheart wrap. 

Blowdrying her hair, she makes it into a p/h. Grabbing her decorated graduation cap, she smiles at it. On one side, there is a picture of Billy, and on the other, a picture of Steve. Little stickers of her favorite singers, movies, and cars adorn it. P/h- Prefered Hairstyle

The door to her bedroom opens and Steve walks in holding a bouquet of flowers

The door to her bedroom opens and Steve walks in holding a bouquet of flowers. Y/n steps out of her bathrom and gasps, shocked by his prescence. "God, Steve! You almost made me pee. It's only been two months since I gave birth; my bladder will never be the same."

He laughs and hugs her tightly, spinning her around and kissing her gently. "You look...absolutely breathtaking. Green suits you."

Pulling away, he runs over to her bed and scoops Sarah up, carefully lifting her above him. She squeals happily as he brings her back down and holds her tightly. "How is my little Princess?"

"She's good. Fed. My boobs hurt, but whatever," Y/n jokes. She looks Steve up and down. "You look really good." He's wearing a white button-up, and  brown and blue jacket with a matching brown tie and shiny brown loafers. Her eyes flicker down to the ring on his hand. "Damn, Harrington. Attractive."

He smirks at her and walks over to her, slinking his arms around her waist, kissing her deeply

\--/

Y/n looks out into the audience and spots all of her friends. They take up an entire row. Joyce, Jonathan, Will, the Party and their families, Robin, Steve, and even Erica sit in the folding chairs under the tree's shade.

The Principal begins calling names and Y/n tenses up, realizing that her last name starts with a "B". 

"Y/n Byers," the Principal calls. Taking a deep breath, she steps off the stairs and moves across the stage to the podium. Time seems to move in slow motion as cameras flash and her friends cheer for her name. She shakes her Principal's hand and grabs her diploma. 

She's brought out of her time warp when a voice calls out. "Mommy!" Sarah's voice chimes. Y/n whips around and stares at her baby. Steve looks down at Sarah, who is sitting on his lap. 

Everyone at the ceremony begins laughing. "That's her first word!" Y/n calls out.

Taking her diploma and stepping off the stage, Steve hands Sarah to Joyce and runs over. He picks her up and swings her around. Her legs wrap around his waist and she buries her face in his neck. He peppers her face with kisses. 

"I. Am. So. Proud. Of. You!" He exclaims between kisses. 

"We did it!" Y/n squeals. After everyone has received their diploma, they gather in the center. Y/n grabs Sarah and sits her on her hip. Collectively, everyone yells out in happiness and throws their caps up in the air. 

Sarah squeals with delight and Y/n beams brightly at Steve.

YAYYYYY YOU GRADUATED