Chapter 23

A/n: Hello everybody! It's November 2, 2020! I am back from my hiatus and doing much better. I already gave my reasons in the paragraphs previous, so if you are curious as to why I was gone, you can check that out. 

Jonathan begins rummaging through the hood, searching for the part. Y/n hears loud footsteps and looks up apprehensively. Squinting at the large glass roof, her eyes widen and she gasps when she sees the huge mutated Mind Flayer.

"Guys?!" She yells, pointing. The Mind Flayer breaks the glass and falls through. "OH MY GOD!" Everyone screams and runs for cover. Y/n ends up hiding with El, Mike, and Max. They cower behind a counter. 

El and Y/n begin shaking, and they clutch the other's hand. She holds out her other hand for Max. The ginger takes it and squeezes her eyes shut. Suddenly, a voice is heard through the Mind Flayer's grunts. 

"Griswold Family, this is Scoops Troop! Do you copy? Over! Griswold Family, I repeat, this is Scoops Troop. Do you..." Dustin's voice echoes through the mall. The Mind Flayer begins sniffing over to the radio. "Griswold Family, do you copy? Do you copy?! Griswold Family, this is Scoops Troop. Please confirm your safety! Griswold Family, this is Scoops Troop! Please confirm your safety! Are you en route to Bald Eagle's nest? Please confirm your safety!"

There is a rustling, and Dustin yells "Hey!" "Someone, please just answer. Is anyone there? Y/n? Y/n, are you okay?" Steve's voice yells. "Just answer! Anyone, please..." Dustin snatches the radio away again.

"Griswold Family, do you copy? Griswold Family, do you copy? Griswold Family, do you copy? Do you copy?!" The Mind Flayer screeches into the radio and stomps on it, smashing it.

Steve's jaw drops and he begins running down the hill. "Where are you going?!" Robin yells.

"To get the love of my life the hell outta there! Stay here, contact the others!" He yells.

"Wait!" Robin calls. He whips around and catches a radio she tosses at him. "Stay in touch."

He nods and continues running. Back at the mall, Mike peers around the counter at the Mind Flayer. "It's turned away. If we go up the stairs now, we'll make it."

"No way, not with El's leg," Max protests.

"We have to try."

"There's another way to get out," Y/n whispers. "Through the Gap." She looks at the Mind Flayer and begins scampering over to the store. "Okay. Now."

They all run in and collapse behind a mannequin. They hear a number of footsteps and Y/n peeks over to see the rest of the group running out the door with the car part. "The rest of the group is out," she whispers.

Headlights begin flashing the group and the mall. Y/n pales. "Billy." His engine revs and he begins speeding through the parking lot to the parked car full of the kids. Y/n clasps a hand over her mouth. "No!" She yells, muffled into her hand.

Just before he hits them, another car comes barelling through and T-bones Billy. Steve's hair is seen bouncing against the steering wheel. Y/n screams and bites her fist. She watches Steve and Robin climb out and pile into Nancy's car, which drives away. 

The Mind Flayer crawls out through the top of the mall and begins following the speeding car. "Shit!" Y/n swears loudly. 

Grabbing the kid's hands, she pulls them into the back hallway they would use to sneak into movies. After traversing through the maze of hallways and doors, they find an exit. Kicking open the door, they begin to creep out the side of the mall.  

Billy climbs out of his Camaro and turns around, locking eyes with Y/n. She gasps and pushes the kids away. "Go, go, go, go!"

They run back through the hallways and find a storage room. The sound of a door opening echoes through the hall. Y/n pushes the kids into the room and steps out. And there is Billy. His golden curls are matted with sweat and blood. His face and clothes are drenched with sweat, and there is pain in his eyes, as if he wants to break free.

Still, he marches forward. "Billy. Billy, you don't have to do this," Y/n begs. "Billy. Your name's Billy, Billy Hargrove. You live on 4819 Cherry Lane. You fell in love with me last year. We broke up breifly, but we got back together on Christmas Eve. A week ago, we had sex for the first time and now I'm pregnant! Billy, please, I'm Y/n, I'm your..." Billy backhands Y/n so hard across the face, she slips into unconsciousness.

He throws her other his shoulder and grabs Eleven, throwing her over his other shoulder. He marches out to the main part of the mall, where the Mind Flayer is waiting. In the shadows of the second floor, the rest of the group is waiting as well.

Steve almost chokes when Billy gently places Y/n down on the floor. She blinks, slowly coming back into consciousness. She gazes up into his electric blue eyes. He leans over and whispers in her ear. "Don't be afraid. It'll be over soon. Just try and stay... very still."

"Flay this, you ugly piece of shit!" Steve yells, chucking a firework over to the Mind Flayer. 

"Hey, asshole! Over here!" The kids yell, throwing fireworks rapidly. The Mind Flayer wails in pain.

Y/n eyes lock with Billy again. In a desperate attempt to bring him back, she latches onto him, throwing her arms and legs around him. He falls to the ground beside her. She looks deep into his eyes. He begins struggling.

"Billy. Billy! Billy, I love you!" She yells. He stills and his eyes seem to break away from the pain.