Chapter 34

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is November 23, 2020. Sorry, it's been a hot second since I last updated. But I'm here and ready to get you in perfect condition for Steve...who's waiting at the end of the aisle for YOU!

October

Y/n begins stirring when she feels a piece of cloth being slipped around her eyes. When she opens them, she is met with darkness. A pair of strong arms wrap around her body and lift her up, wrapping the blanket around her body.

"Steve," she mumbles in her hoarse morning voice.

"Yeah, it's me, Princess. It's officially the day of the wedding, and you aren't allowed to see me. You're going to Joyce's house with Robin, Nancy, Max, and Eleven," Steve whispers back. Y/n feels herself being carried down the stairs.

She hears the front door open and is met with crisp, cool fall air. A car door opens and she is placed in the seat of a car. "I can report you for kidnapping," she jokes.

Steve laughs softly. "You know who it is. You know where you're going. And you aren't resisting. You seem kinda comfy."

"Stupid Harrington," Y/n says. His lips touch her forehead.

"Take her away, Buckley."

\--/

Y/n sits down on her mother's couch with a hot cup of coffee and surveys the girls. "I still can't believe you kidnapped me, Robin."

Robin shrugs. "Just business, Y/n. Besides, we need to get you in perfect shape for your to-be husband."

Joyce shudders. "'Husband'. What a weird term. I feel like it was just yesterday you were a little girl in my arms."

"I feel like everything's just happened so fast. I think of Billy everyday, hell, I see him everyday in Sarah, but I'm so happy with Steve," Y/n says happily. "I'm just going to finish my coffee and then shower."

\--/

Turning up the heat all the way, Y/n steps in and takes extra care with her hair, using a special dandruff shampoo and massinging into her scalp. Getting her razor, she shaves p/b. Rinsing everything from her hair, she steps out and throws her hair up in a towel, wrapping herself in a thick fluffy robe. P/b=Parts of Body cause idk what yall shave, if you shave at all (which is totally ok if you dont!)

Opening the bathroom door, she gasps a little when she finds the group standing outside. "Jesus Christ, you guys almost gave me a heart attack. What are you doing?"

"We need to give you a... spa day?" Eleven says, although it comes off as a question.

Y/n smiles. "One day when I come back from the honeymoon, Max, you, and I will have a slumber party and have a spa day."

Sitting back, she allows the girls to place cucumbers on her eyes. "This is so weird. I'm so used to always being on my toes; I feel like I have to do something."

"You just relax, sweetie. We've already taken care of everything, just chill!" Joyce exclaims.

Some sort of face mask mixture is applied to her face by Robin. Joyce buffers and lotions her feet, then filing and painting Y/n's toenails. Eleven and Max each take an arm and do the same to her hands. 

While the face mask cools, Robin begins massaging Y/n's shoulders. "Oh my god, Robin," she groans. "You guys are going to make me fall asleep before the wedding."

Soon, the face mask is taken off and Y/n's hair is set up in pincurls. "I actually think you should go take a nap while we get ready," Max says.

Y/n smiles at them and heads off to her old bedroom, crawling into the bed and quickly falling asleep.

\--/

Y/n sits up in the bed and looks around, wondering why her room doesn't look the same. Then it dawns on her. "I really just thought I was back in high school," she laughs to herself.

The door opens and Robin peeks her head in, fully dressed in the bridesmaid gown (Y/n had to fight hard to get her in it). "Alright, sunshine, it's time to get made up." Y/n follows her back into the living room and sits in the chair. Robin takes her pincurls out and Joyce grabs makeup palettes. Eleven and Max watch in awe, also dressed in their outfits.

 Eleven and Max watch in awe, also dressed in their outfits

THAT IS NOT THE WEDDING DRESS, JUST THE BRIDESMAID DRESSES.

They pull away to reveal a changed Y/n. A beautiful hazy orange/gold tone silhouettes her eyes, her lip is a newutral light pink tone, and her hair is pulled back into a middle part bun, with a few strands pulled away and curled to create a rustic look.

 A beautiful hazy orange/gold tone silhouettes her eyes, her lip is a newutral light pink tone, and her hair is pulled back into a middle part bun, with a few strands pulled away and curled to create a rustic look

Y/n blushes and laughs shyly at the girl's reactions. "Shall we put on the wedding dress?" Grabbing it from where it was stored, she looks at it fondly. "I still love it."

Shrugging off her robe and slipping into it, Joyce buttons it up and spins Y/n around, looking at her with tears in her eyes. "You look absolutely beautiful. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Mom." They hug fiercly and Y/n pulls away to look into the mirror. "I look like a princess." Loose sleeves cover the tops of her shoulder, that leads down to a lacy floral bodice, with a little mesh gapeaway. It trails down to a beautiful mesh layered A-Line skirt with floral lace patterns adorning it. 

"According to Steve, that's exactly what you look like," Robin pipes up, hugging Y/n from behind

"You ready to go get married?" Joyce asks.