Chapter 13

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 20, 2020. I just solved a super complex math problem in front of my entire class AND got it right. Not to brag or anything, but I'm a pretty big boss. Also, I was elected ASB President of the entire school. I have a lot to do now. Schoolwork, chores, writing, and managing an entire virtual academy. YAY!

Y/n gently wakes up, squeezing her eyes shut. She feels a hand stroking her hair softly. "Billy?" She asks quietly, cracking her eyes open. She looks up to see a concerned Will.

"No, it's your brother."

"Oh." Y/n looks around, disoriented. "Am I-?"

"Yeah, we're back in Mike's basement. After Billy ran, you just completely blacked out. We had to carry you back home."

Y/n groans and clutches her stomach. 

"I found him." Eleven's voice floats through the room. 

"Who?" Y/n asks. 

"Hopper," Will replies.

"Where is he?" Mike asks.

"Woods."

"Woods?"

"He's with... Will and Y/n's mom."

Their eyes widen and lock with each others. "My... My mom? What are they doing?" Will asks shakily.

"Ill... annoy. They're going to Ill-annoy," Eleven says.

"Illinois? Illinois, like the state? The state of Illinois?"

El takes off her blindfold and shrugs. "Ill-annoy."

Y/n stands up and stretches. "Let's get cleaned up." Max and El follow her into the bathroom.

Max wets a paper towel and wipes the blood away while Y/n washes her face and pees. Eleven looks in the mirror. Her eyes trail down to her bruised neck. Billy's handprint is black and purple. "Does it still hurt?" Max asks.

"Only when I talk."

"Well, it's a good thing you're not Mike, then. 'Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.' And you'd be in constant pain."

The girls giggle while Y/n supressed bile crawling up the back of her throat. The boys are heard talking intently about last night's events. 

"What are they still doing in there?" Mike groans.

"I don't know. Girls just like hanging out in bathrooms," Lucas shrugs.

"Why?" Will asks.

"I mean, I don't know," Lucas replies.

"They're conspiring against me," Mike declares.

"That's what you're concerned about now?" Lucas asks.

Mike sheepishly shrugs. "It's not my main concern. It's just a sub-concern."

"I thought it was already over," Will says.

"It's not over, okay? We're just taking a break."

"She said she dumped your ass. That doesn't sound like a break," Y/n hollers. The girls snicker.

"It wasn't!" Mike hollers back. "Conspiring. I told you, they were conspiring."

The girls step out of the bathroom. Eleven begins to say something, but the door to the basement flies open to reveal a sleep deprived Nancy and Jonathan.

\--/

"It was the same thing, the exact same thing that happened to Will last year," Nancy says. She tosses down a chart. "And look at this. Look at the body temperatures."

"He likes it cold," Y/n mutters.

"Okay, so this crazy old woman who was eating fertilizer..." Mike begins. 

"Mrs. Driscoll," Nancy corrects.

"Right, yeah, Mrs. Driscoll. What time was this attack?"

"Last night."

"Right, but what time last night?"

"Around 9:00."

Jonathan turns to her. "You waited all night to call?"

"I was waiting for the doctors to run some tests." She shrugs.

"You weren't there?!" Y/n says to Jonathan.

"Well, I'm here now, aren't I?" He protests.

"Hallelujah!" Y/n scoffs.

"Um, so, wha... what time was your... sauna test?" Nancy asks awkwardly.

"Around 9:00," Everyone collectively agrees

"Well, that proves it. That proves my theory!" Nancy exclaims.

"She's flayed, just like Billy," Mike confirms.

"Flayed?" Jonathan asks.

"The Mind Flayer. He flays people. Takes over their mind. Once they do that, they basically become him."

"If there are two flayed...We have to assume there are more," Will says.

Eleven and Y/n look at each other. "Heather."

"Billy was doing something to her. She was scared. She was screaming. Bad screams."

Y/n winces. She doesn't even want to think about what that means.

"What's a good scream?" Lucas asks, smirking.

"Doesn't matter," the ginger says.

"I'm sorry, I'm lost. Who is Heather?" Nancy asks.

"She's a lifeguard at the pool," Eleven says.

"And Billy's other girlfriend," Y/n says. Everyone looks at her.

"He cheated?" Jonathan asks. Y/n nods, biting back tears. 

"From the looks of it, they were having a nice family dinner." Jonathan groans and wraps Y/n in a hug.

"Heather Holloway?" Nancy asks. She looks at Jonathan.

"Tom."

\--/

time skip brought to you by a smoll cinammon roll

Everyone heads outside to the car and climbs in. Nancy pulls out and heads to her destination. Driving through Hawkins, they pull up in front of Heather's house. Apprehensively, they walk inside, calling out their names.

"Do you guys smell that?" Nancy asks. They follow the smell into the kitchen, which is ransacked with empty chemical bottles. 

"I'm going to be sick," Y/n groans, running outside and throwing up in the bushes. She collapses on the steps and begins crying. Why am I so sick? It's not food poisoning, I know that. What else could it be?

She dries her eyes as the group comes back out. Nancy kneels in front of her. "Are you okay, Y/n?"

"I'm so sick and I don't know why," Y/n whispers hoarsly. 

"Well, good for you, we're going to the hospital. You can get checked out there."

Y/n nods and Nancy helps her to her feet. Everyone piles back in the car and speeds off towards the hospital.