Chapter 12

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 19, 2020. I was going to update again last night, but I ended up watching Keep Your Daydream with my dad, and then I baked Sausage Bread (secret family recipe) to signify the beginning of the colder months. Yeah, I just got sidetracked. So, if you read comments, you saw an exchange between me and a friend of mine, and contrary to most Stranger Things FF, you will be joining the "Find Billy Bae and Defeat Him" gang, rather than the "Steve and Russian Spy" gang.

this is long

Y/n and the Party stand behind cars in the swimming pool parking lot and observe Billy. He's wearing a tanktop, sunglasses, a hat, and a towel draped over his legs. 

"I don't know. He looks pretty normal to me," Max says. 

"Normal?" Y/n scoffs. "How many times have you seen him with a shirt on?"

"I mean, it's a little weird."

"More than a little. He was in a tub with ice. The Mind Flayer likes it cold. Plus everything else..." Y/n trails off, thinking of the abduction.

"But he's lounging at the pool, which is, like, the least Mind Flayer thing ever," Max says.

"Not necessarily," Will pipes up. The Mind Flayer likes to hide. He only used me when he needed me. It's like... like you're dormant. And then, when he needs you, you're activated."

"Okay, so we just... wait until he gets activated."

"No. What if he hurts someone? Or kills someone. We can't take that chance. We need to find out if he's the host," Y/n says determindly.

Mike, Will, and Lucas begin setting off. "Where are you going?" Y/n asks.

"I have an idea. Boys only," Mike says, shrugging.

"Seriously?" Max groans.

"Yeah, how about no? I'm the adult here and I'm sick, so what I say goes. What's the idea?" Y/n says, crossing her arms, and pushing the quesy feeling down.

"Fine." He begins drawing a map of the pool. "So we wait until the pool closes, until everyone leaves, and we somehow get him to come from here and get him into here."

"Okay." They sit out and wait until the sun begins dropping in the sky. People file out of the compound and the group slips into it, finding a sauna.

"Look, the controls are right here. It's perfect," Mike says, observing it.

"Will it get hot enough?" Max asks.

"220 degrees," Y/n reads. "We just have to figure out how to get him in here."

"Then we lock him in, heat him up."

"No matter what happens, we'll know. We'll know for sure," Y/n says, more to herself than anyone else. She clutches her stomach and rushes to the bathroom for the gazillionth time today.

"Are you kidding me?!" She swears.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Max's voice rings out.

She groans. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just a stomach bug." I hope, she thinks.

When Y/n's finished again, she comes back. The kids have chains and a dummy. She peeks out of the room and sees Billy. "God, I hope it's not you. I really hope it's not you," she whispers. Mike tapes a radio to the dummy and puts it in the sauna. 

Billy climbs down and disappears into the locker room. Mike's voice floats through the room and Billy yells at it, his feet angrily stomping through the showers until he reaches the sauna.

Y/n flinches from behind her hiding spot. "Got you," he growls. 

"Come and get me, you piece of shit!" Mike calls from the radio. Billy climbs into the sauna and finds that it's a trap.