Chapter 19

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 26, 2020. I watched Labryinth with David Bowie for the first time on Saturday and am now in love with Jareth. If you like Marvel, Star Wars, or Twilight, be sure to check out my other works. I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

Warning: Throwing up

Everyone rapidly piles in the car and speeds down the roads. Luckily they are all empty, due to the large Fourth of July Fair. Nancy spins the wheel and parks in an empty parking lot in front of a grocery store. 

Max offers Y/n a rock, but she just kicks the door. Glass shatters everywhere. Mike carries Eleven inside and Y/n stumbles through the broken door frame. Rushing to the refridgerator aisle, she grabs a bottle of water and downs it. Sinking down, she focuses on her breathing.

In...out...in...out...in...out, she thinks, sipping on her water. Soon, the room stops spinning and she stops shaking. She walks to the aisle where everyone has crouched around Eleven. Nancy goes to touch the wound, but Y/n stops her.

"What... What... Hey, what are you doing?" She asks.

"I'm cleaning the wound," Nancy responds. 

"No, first, we need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage," Y/n says.

Everyone looks at her.

"I practically raised all of you kids. Trust me. Mike, hold this," she hands a bandage to him.

"Keep the pressure on it, nice and firm, okay? We're gonna need water and soap," Max says. Y/n looks at her. "I skateboard."

Lucas empties his backpack all over the floor.

"Does any of this help?"

Max looks at him in disgust. "No."

"Go get me a washcloth and a bowl," Y/n orders. Looking back at Eleven, she and Mike are gazing into each others eyes. "Mike, hold it firm. I'm going to help the boys."

She stands up and finds Lucas, Will, and Max looking at the firework display. "That doesn't look like a bowl," she jokes.

"Nah, it's way better," Lucas says with pride. "There is a reason this warning label says '18 or older.' This sucker is filled with 150 grains of black powder. AKA gunpowder. Strap two of these together, and it's bigger than an M-80. Five of them, we've got ourselves a stick of dynamite."

"You wanna kill that thing with fireworks?" Max says judgementally.

"It's actually really smart. Do you have a better idea?" Y/n asks.

"Uh, yeah. Eleven."

"Against that thing? She's gonna need some backup," Will agrees.

Max sighs and storms off. Y/n hears Mike yelling, so she jogs back to the aisle. "Mike? What is it?" Y/n asks. Nancy and Jonathan join her side. 

\--/

Eleven sits in front of the freezers. All the doors are wide open, and cold air pours out. A bandana is wrapped around Eleven's eyes. Lucas loudly cracks open a Coca-Cola can.

"How do you even drink that?" Mike asks in disgust.

"Because it's delicious," Lucas responds happily.

"What?"

"It's like Carpenter's The Thing. The original is a classic, no question about it. But the remake...sweeter, bolder," he sips it and sighs. "Better."

"You're insane," Mike says.

"So, you prefer the original Thing?" Lucas asks.

"What? No, I'm not talking about The Thing, I'm talking about New Coke."