Chapter 17

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 23, 2020. There's this girl at my school named Sophia. She's a lesbian and I'm pansexual and I've always had this little thing for her. She started dating a good friend of mine so I stepped back. Now that they've broken up I can't stop thinking about her. I can't stop listening to Sofia by Clairo and Girl in Red and THEN I DREAMT ABOUT HER-

Y/n begins coughing violently and spits up a mouthful of sea water. She opens her eyes and sees Eleven kneeling on the beach beside her. Y/n shakily stands up and looks around. The sky is bright and blue with a few clouds. Sea spray sprinkles Y/n's face.

Mike's voice is heard through that tunnel. "What's going on?"

"We're... on a beach," Eleven says.

"Okay, I may be dense, but the last I checked, there weren't any beaches in Hawkins," Lucas says.

"We're in California," Y/n says, smiling.

"What else do you see?"

Y/n looks around and spots a woman in a flowy white dress with blonde hair.

"A woman. She's... pretty," Eleven says.

The woman begins cheering at Eleven and Y/n. "Woo! Yeah! You did it!" Suddenly, a small boy with red trunks and a surfboard runs past them.

Y/n begins laughing with joy. "Billy! It's Billy!"

"Did you see that?" He asks excitedly.

"Yeah, I saw that!" She replies happily.

"That was at least seven feet," Billy says proudly.

"I don't know what it was, but it almost gave me a heart attack," she laughs.

"Ten more minutes?" He asks hopefully.

She sighs. "Yeah, okay, ten more minutes. But any longer than that, Dad's gonna be mad, okay?"

"Okay!" He yells happily, running back into the water and hopping on his surfboard.

"Billy?" She calls out again. "Watch out for rip currents!"

"It's a memory," Y/n whispers.

Eleven looks past the woman at the horizon. "I think I see it. The source."

Suddenly, the ground begins rumbling beneath their feet and it flips, like blocks, to reveal new scenery. It looks like a baseball field. Young Billy is seen again in a baseball uniform, his head drooping. He's being scolded by someone, his dad.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He yells. "What did we talk about, huh?" He slaps him across the face. Billy begins to cry. "You gotta slide!"

"I know," he whimpers.

"Afraid you're gonna get hurt, is that it?"

"No."

"Well, what then? What?" He slaps him again. "What did I raise, a pussy for a son?" He grabs his wrist

Billy pulls away from him and begins running the opposite direction, right past Y/n. "Leave me alone!" He yells.

"That's right, run! Like you always do!"

The ground flips again and Eleven grabs on to Y/n for stability. They are standing in on a stairwell in a house. Billy's dad and mother are standing in the room in front of them. Y/n looks down and sees Billy at her feet, peeking at his parents.

"Where were you last night? Where were you?" He says angrily.

"I told you, I was with Wendy," she replies cooly.