Chapter 22

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is October 28, 2020. It is also my mother's birthday! Happy birthday, mom. Eh, she won't see this. She doesn't even know this account exists, thank god. 

While Murray is thoroughly explaining which keys Jonathan and Nancy need to use to unlock his house, Y/n figures this is a good time to steal her Mom away.

"Mom, I need to talk to you."

Joyce looks at her. "Sure, sweetie." They walk over to a little corner of the mall. 

"What I'm about to tell you is going to alter our lives significantly. I really want you to know that I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen, and I made a stupid decision. But also know it was only once," she begins.

Joyce looks at her. 

Y/n takes a deep breath. "I'm pregnant with Billy's baby."

Joyce pales. "What? You're pregnant?"

A few tears roll down her cheeks. "I just found out. And I only did it once! I was dumb and didn't take any precautions. That's why I'm fighting. I'm not just protecting the kids now, I'm protecting my own and saving my child's father."

Joyce's jaw drops and her bottom lip quivers a little. Suddenly, she hugs Y/n very tightly. She strokes her hair and cries quietly. "I'm sorry you had to go through that alone. I love you so much."

"Oh, Mommy. I really needed that," Y/n cries, hugging back tightly. "Please stay safe."

"I will. You need to protect the kids. Including your own," Joyce smiles, cupping Y/n's stomach. "Oh, I can't believe you made me a grandma. Who else knows?"

"Everyone else except Hopper," Y/n responds. 

"I know how you look at Hopper. You should tell him."

Y/n nods and goes over to Hopper. "Hey, Hop? Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, sure, kid. What's up?" He responds, turning around.

"I- I need to tell you that I'm... I'm pregnant." She winces.

"I'm sorry, what?" He deadpans. 

"Billy got me pregnant. That's why I'm fighting so hard. He's going to be a dad."

"You're actually pregnant?" He asks, bewildered.

Y/n nods. He tears up and surrounds Y/n with his large arms. "Oh, I'm so sorry. You should have told me, tried to call me or something."

"I just had no idea what to do. I was stupid. I was so stupid," Y/n cries.

"I mean, you should have used protection, but you're not stupid, Y/n. We'll protect you, I promise. I... I love you Y/n. You're like my other daughter," he says quietly.

"Don't say that," Y/n begs.

"What? Why?"

She looks up at him with large, tearful eyes. "Because last time someone said that to me, they died."

Hopper's eyes widen as he realizes he just said what Bob said before they went into the hospital.  He hugs her again. "I'm not going to die, Y/n. I promise. If I die, you can kill me."

Y/n laughs into his stomach. "Sorry I got tears all over your shirt."

"It'll dry." He ruffles her hair with affection and steps back. "We need to get going."

Joyce nods and everyone hugs the other tightly. "I love you, Mom. I love you, Hopper."

"I love you too, sweetie," Joyce says, disappearing into the back hallway through Scoops Ahoy. 

"I love you too, Y/n. Stay safe," Hopper says, leaving with Murray. 

"We've got to get going," Nancy says. Everyone nods and heads outside into Nancy's car. 

Nancy attempts to turn the key and the engine sputters. "What's wrong?" Will asks.

"I don't... I don't know." The engine continues sputtering. "You can't be serious. Come on!"

"Didn't your mom just buy this car?"

"Yes. I'm sure it's fine."

"Did you leave the lights on?"

"No."

"Do we have gas?"

"Yes! Come on!" She turns the key more angrily. Jonathan stops her. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Just stop, stop! Pop the hood." Nancy does as she's told and Jonathan exits the car. Incoherent words are heard. Y/n looks out the window and spots a shape at the other end of the parking lot. Suddenly, bright headlights flash them and an engine revs

In the backlight, a blue Camero and thoroughly beat up Billy is illuminated. "No," Y/n mutters. "No! No, no, no, no. Guys, back into the mall, right now!"

Everyone sees Billy and runs back into the mall. Mike grabs the walkie talkie and attempts to get in contact with Dustin, Erica, Robin, and Steve, or as they have now been named, "Scoops Troop".

"Scoops Troop, do you copy? Scoops Troop, do you copy? Scoops Troop, do you copy? Scoops Troop, I repeat, do you copy? We're trapped in the mall and in need of emergency transportation. Scoops Troop, do you copy? Billy has found us. He has disabled our car and we are trapped in the mall. Repeat: Billy has disabled our car and we are trapped in the mall. Scoops Troop," he continues.

Y/n sits down beside Nancy, who is cocking a gun. "You can't kill him, Nance. He still has a baby. There's a chance he'll come back to me."

Nancy rubs Y/n's back. This is just a precaution, okay? And not just against Billy. If he knows we're here, so does the Mind Flayer."

Y/n nods. 

"Scoops Troop, I repeat, we are in need of emergency transportation. Do you copy? Scoops Troop, do you copy?" Mike's voice echoes. 

"No chance that thing'll drive, right?" Nancy jokes. Jonathan gasps.

"We don't need it to drive. We just need the ignition cable."

Everyone groups up and begins pushing against the car. Y/n watches them with a judgmental look. "Oh, for Christ's sake," she groans, walking over. She hops up on the counter and wedges herself between the counter and the car.

"Y/n, what are you doing? You're going to get stuck!" Will yells

Y/n says nothing but yells. With a hearty shove, the car shifts. The group grows quiet. With one last push, the car falls back onto it's wheels.

Y/n stares at the car with an eye full of hate. She blows the hair that fell out of her face.